Doctors, Doctors Everywhere

https://pixabay.com/en/patient-sick-sick-bed-healthcare-47261/
@HazySue (15183)
My days are being spent with doctors of all kinds, pharmacies, and testing locations. Now that we have my mother with us we are going to a doctor, drug store or to get a test every day of the week, except Sunday. The good news about all of this visiting of doctors is that I am getting some reading time. I am actually getting to read a book within a couple of days now. I am letting all of this become a lesson that conveys the message that you can always find some good in the bad or annoying situations that you face. I kind of think of it as finding the flower among the weeds. Do you do this? Image from : pixabay.com/en/patient-sick-sick-bed-healthcare-47261/
You are so right and this is what I do when I accompany my husband to see his doctors. I bring a book and I read.
@HazySue (15183)
I always have a book with me. It makes the waiting seem not quite so long.
@HazySue I agree, I do not want to touch the magazines that are in the doctors waiting rooms.
@HazySue (15183)
@LadyDuck you don't know if someone who is sick has touched the magazines, changes are several sick people have.
@dodo19 (26669)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It can be hard to have to go to doctor's offices so much, but it can be nice when you are able to get some reading done. I used to be able to get a lot of reading done, when I used the bus and metro to go to work.
@HazySue (15183)
When I was taking the train into New York I used to get a lot of reading time.
@dodo19 (26669)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@HazySue It's a good time to read.
@skysnap (17590)
True with every bad incident there is something good attached.
@HazySue (15183)
All you have to do is loo for it.
I learned many years ago to take a book because I cannot stand the boredom of waiting, I do the same, reading a novel in a matter of days.
@HazySue (15183)
I think the time seems so much longer when you are sitting there being bored.
I do believe you always have to find the good in bad to get through life. Glad you found it in reading.
@HazySue (15183)
I like to try to stay positive.
It's nice that you have found time to do something that you enjoy.
@HazySue (15183)
Yes, I use that time to my advantage instead of resenting the time waiting.
i'm glad yer puttin' that 'down time' to good use :) thankfully when i'd such a schedule with the docs/tests, etc, i'd ne'er the need fer a book coz there t'was no waitin'. heck, i couldn't e'en get set down 'fter signin''n 'fore they'd call me back.
@HazySue (15183)
They seem to overbook a lot here, at least some of the doctors do. Lucky you, no waiting.
@HazySue they do that here local all the danged time. sometimes ya wait'n hour 'r longer to be seen. down'n temple, tx 'n e'en my gastro's office'n lubbock there's no waitin'. i can 'nderstand such if'n there'd be'n emergency 'r somethin' which sometimes arises. most oft though, 'tis coz the receptionist tends to book all patients fer a 10 minute visit. ya know, so's they can drive more folks through'n a day 'n rip off not only the patient, but the insurance companies, too? sigh....
@HazySue (15183)
@crazyhorseladycx they want to get all the people in they can. Time is money and all you know.
Oh yes, I do try to make the best of situations that are duties that must be done. Sometimes, after doing something that is an annoying must, I stop and buy myself a little treat.
@HazySue (15183)
That is a good idea. It's treating yourself for being good.
@HazySue Red licorice is the treat of choice. Yippee!
@HazySue (15183)
@Corbin5 I like red licorice, black licorice not so much. For me, my treat would probably be ice cream.
It's nice that you do. Good luck with that.
@HazySue (15183)
Thanks. I get done what I have to do but get to spend time doing what I like to do at the same time.
@HazySue That is always nice for me as well. I love that.
Very wise use of your time.
@HazySue (15183)
I figured instead of just sitting there I would get in some reading time.