People Are Being hurt By The ACA!

With People nationwide looking at increased premiums, deductables and Out Of Pocket Costs it is clear that people will soon be spending more on premiums and medical expenses than ever before. As for how well it works one only has to look at the increases in costs for Durrable Medical Devices and Medications as a result of the law. For those who are not aware of it here is why: 1. ACA requires new taxes on both at EVERY level in the supply chain. 2. ACA also has fees that are required for each one. While not all of the increase are directly tied to the increase, they are indirectly tied. Here is how... Many of these new costs were retroactive which means companies could be put out of business if they did not recoup them somehow. Sadly, if that were to happen then the supply would be more 'scarce' and thus demand would drive up the costs even more! So what are your thoughts? Here is an example of that:
As a private practice doctor, I usually try to steer clear of discussing politics with my patients. It’s simply too divisive of a topic, and in order to be effective at my job, I have to build bonds of trust with the people I’m treating.
@topffer (34089)
• France
I read the article linked. I risk a few thoughts, but I might be wrong, as I do not know the details of Obamacare, and it is another world for me : a doctor cannot refuse a patient in my country, it would be a malpractice. Offering health care to everybody is a good idea, but it seems that the implementation used in the USA is not good : a basic health insurance similar for everyone with a choice of supplemental health insurances would be more interesting for insurance companies, and would probably result in more varied offers for the patients...
@topffer The situation is not about Dr.'s refusing care but rather insurance options (not accepting the Dr. . As a result the patient can either go to a Dr. who can accept the insurance or paying everything out of pocket.
@topffer (34089)
• France
@Berniezeitler I understand a bit better now. Your health system is really confusing. I should remember to not get sick when I will visit your country.
@alberello75 (17469)
• Genova, Italy
My point of view, says that health care is a real crap. Everyone should have the right for free! Unfortunately it is not! Even in Italy.... the same thing!
• Japan
I really don't understand why this country does things like this. Other countries have sensible systems so that everyone can afford health care. It's almost like they want to let the "lower caste" people die? Sheesh.