What was your first car,do you know?

I know mine.It was a 49 black studebaker. After on leave from the Army and taking some time to buy a car when I got out. My brother was a car salesman.He was bragging about a powder puff car that I have to see.1951 black two door Studebaker .Very stylish at that time. I loved it took it our for a drive.Then bought it. When I got the car home.Bragging to my friends their eyes lighted up. I am going to take you guys to Boston tomorrow. then I did and that is when hell broke loose.the car was making all kind of noise. Jerking up and down.Not sure what was going on. But did make it home and call my brother telling him what is going on. He said to bring it in.I did.Thought that he was screwing me. Maybe he was a lemon.Got the car fix.It was the shocks and something else. Never trust your brother.LOL.then it was fine for awhile and more problems. But this was my first and felt well sort of proud. The photo is not my car.But that it was it look like. What was your first car.
I thought your first "car" was a horse and buggy!
@JohnRoberts.Cute John.But it would have been great in riding one of this.
• Pleasant Hill, California
You are a bad bad man.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@amadeo I'll take the horse without the buggy!
My first car was a huge Lincoln Mercury bomb that my father bought for me. I used it in college. For a graduation present, he bought me a little Volkswagen Karmen Ghia, which got me through grad school and 5 years of teaching.
@DianneN I do remember the Lincoln and the Volkswagen .
@amadeo Old cars, like me
@quantum2020 (8267)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
My first car was a blue Chevrolet Caprice; which my father gave me as a birthday present
@quantum2020 was that a good car for you.I remember this style
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@amadeo It was a good car. I remember. At that time, iit took me wherever I wanted to go
Your car story reminds me of a story from my youth: My ex boyfriend had an old black Studebaker (don't know the year) and I hated the look of it. I did not like to be seen in that car at all.
@marlina well it was different then.No wonder that it was not too successful. Why not be seen in it.Could not be all that bad.Either the car go or I go
@amadeo The car was very, very old and very, very UGLY.
First car that I owned wasn't until I was married. It was a '69 VW bug we bought in Hawaii for the double what it would have cost here on the mainland.
@AbbyGreenhill I am sure you had a lot of fun with it.That was a good year.
@amadeo it was good on gas and easy to park!
• Denmark
It was a FIAT 128.
wow,that is pretty neat there.
I never had a car (I do not drive). The first car of my husband was a FIAT 124 Sport Spider.
@LadyDuck never,never.Did you ever want to learn?
@amadeo No, I tried and I do not like at all. Our roads are narrow and crowded, I let this job to my husband.
@MarymargII (7922)
• Toronto, Ontario
Wouldn't it be something if you had that car- all fixed up and preserved today- it would be fabulous!
@Marymargll funny one of my tennis player has this car.He restored it.Very nice.He done a good job.
• Toronto, Ontario
@amadeo haha! It would be really neat and you'd like it all over again!
@trivia79 (7946)
• El Segundo, California
my first car WOULD be a flying car haha
@trivia79 it would be nice to have one.
@trivia79 (7946)
• El Segundo, California
@amadeo and has limitless power. it can have a solar power energy, water, air, etc.
Looks like a nice car. You never know when you're going to get a lemon. The first car I had was when I got married. We got a Doge Van.
@just4him.That was big in those days.Dodge van.
@amadeo Yes it was.
That would be a find car, due to its good looks, to drive around now. Looks so classy!! Well, I never had a car until I married my husband. We had a Corvair Monza, and despite what Ralph Nadar said about that car, we never had a moment's trouble with it.
@Corbin5 I heard about all the trouble there.Good for you.How long did you keep it
@amadeo Oh my, we had it for several years, 5 at least. We drove it long distances too, and no problem. Someone was watching out for us.
Sir , I don't have a car,my brother have a car.it was his first and present car Hyundai Grand i10.
@rajeshrockstar what year was that?
@amadeo 2014 sir
Your brother wanted to make a sell and he made one (lol).
@Jstory or try screwing me.LOL
The first car that my husband and I had was a 1981 Ford LTD.
@tampa_girl7 was that a big car there.I do recall the name there.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think my very first was an Opel Manta. But the first that reflected who I really am was a Datsun/Nissan pick-up truck.
@TheHorseI see but not the Opel Manta I think i heard of this one
As a non-driver I've never had a car. *sad face*
@Poppylicious never learn how to drive?
I remember my first car, it was a blue Chev Malibu, but I fail to remember the year. I drove that car until the tires fell off of it! For me its got to be a Chevy or I'll walk.
@Juliaacv that was a good car there.
@LoriAMoore (8691)
I have driven a 1965 Studebaker Goldenhawk but my first car was a 1974 Audi Fox.
@LoriaAMoore how was the Studebaker for you.Audi nice car so I heard.
My first car was a Jeep Cherokee. I don't remember the year of it but it was an ugly baby poop greenish/yellowish color. It was my sister's to start with and she had gotten into some problems with a girl that is her boyfriend's cousin. The cousin put nails in all four tires, keyed down the side of the car and carved some not so nice words into the side of it and the tried to blame my sister's boyfriend's ex girlfriend for it. She also put nails in the ex-girlfriend's tires and tried blaming my sister for it. It was great driving around in a car with the word for a female dog on the side of it. The looks I got were pretty funny. I was in a car wreck in January of 2013 and I totaled the Jeep. Two months later I got a 2004 Dodge Neon. It is silver and has been a good car for the last 3 years.
@RitzzView (2579)
Seems like you couldn't ride your car as long as you wished! But the first one feels like the best one...no matter what!