Fruit and Veg Galore

@Jackalyn (6655)
Oxford, England
Today I bought, 1Aubergine Asparagus Potatoes Sweet potatoes Pumpkin Parsnips Carrots Onions Green pepper Yelllow pepper Mushrooms Cabbage Everything seemed so cheap in the supermarket compared to the village shop and I went a bit mad. I already have leeks Garlic Cougette Tomato Apples Grapes red and green Satsumas Banannas Now I have to cook it all. It has to end up in the freezer. It may take all night. I would not get through all that before it goes off. I have too many pulses in the cupboard so I think I need to get my recipe books out. The silly thing is I do not want any tea at all.
Healthy eating is in your future!!! Yes, a lot of cooking with all that good stuff!!
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
Wow, I thought I bought a lot of veg but you have a veritable harvest festival there.
Wow that is a lot of stuff. You will be busy for awhile. It is always nice to get good deals.
@TheSojourner (17454)
What is a "cougette"? I am also not sure what you mean by "pulses in the cupboard" here.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
Oh dear. L forgot a courgette is a zuchinnni to some. Beans and lentils for pulses.
@Jackalyn Thanks for the explanation. I'd not heard of the pulses. I think I now remember the zucchini=courgette, but had forgotten.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
@CoralLevang I had similar trouble the first time someone gave me an American cookery book.
Asparagus at the end of October? Where does it come from? "I have too many pulses in the cupboard..." -- What does 'pulses' mean in this sentence? English is not my native language.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
Yes, asparagus and surprisingly cheap. I do not know where the supermarket got it.Pulses are things like beans and lentils.
@Jackalyn Thanks. A new (and useful) word for me. I wouldn't like asparagus now. I prefer eating vegetables in the right season.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
@MALUSE It is usually way beyond my budget so I could not resist.