I have a dilemma and could use some advice!

My last 2 books
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I have been debating whether to continue at Mylot or not and haven't posted in a couple of weeks. The reasons? 1) The money is not a factor but OMG! it takes so long to hit that $5 unless you spend a lot of time on the Internet and on this site. 2) I love to discuss the pros and cons of movies, TV, theatre, restaurants but I post on 6 other sites--of which I think only 2-3 people also post here or read my other blogging pages--but I am hindered here by the rules and find myself posting things from my past rather than the present 3) I have been a professional writer (8 published books, 1 produced play, many magazine and paper published articles, etc.) and a professional server for 38 years--am I 'stealing' from myself if I reprint what I have had published? Am I breaking the rules from posting discussions about my life that I have already written about? 4) I believe in living my life and not spending it on the Internet so I ration the time spent on the Internet and the time I spend on each site--being a 'hunt & peck' typist it takes time to write and post a discussion plus respond to comments plus read and comment on other people's discussions. If I could C &P MY discussions from other pages and post them here it would be so much easier and I would feel more comfortable. 5) Regarding #4--it is not a case that many people here would read my posts somewhere else as I know most do not come to my face page or post at Greasy or weebly or other sites I post at so what is the harm? 6) I understand I am being 'paid' (sorry but I do find that funny--I remember 60 years ago GETTING A PENNY A WORD for my writing whether a short article or a magazine piece about servers. 7) I write professional movie and theatre reviews for which I am compensated for and they have no problem my C & P on other sites. As for my theatre and movie reviews they appear on ALL my posting pages plus I email them to everyone on my mailing list--should I really take time away from all that for here? I really don't want to leave--I have met a lot of nice people here (& I need my JABO limerick fix!!!) so I am looking for feedback whether to stay or go.
@pgntwo (22755)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
Look at myLot as an outlet, or a melting pot for ideas... A source of income it definitely ain't. You pays your money, you takes your chance.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I have the ideas--I have many of them--and I am not looking here for a source of income and don't even look at the figure. :O)
• Uzbekistan
I don't mind if you post old texts here or not. But I think it's a question for admin to answer.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
They are not 'old--they are current posts that I am also posting on other sites. :O)
Of course you must do what is best for you but you are part of a community here which is different than most other sites and there are a lot of nice people here who will miss you if you leave.
you do not need to leave Martin.Make an appearance every now and then.I know that you are very busy. Stay and enjoy your friends.I know people love your movie and show review. As they say Mr.Martin snap out of it.
No one can tell you what to do of course but it would be a shame for you to leave. You have friends here and that to me is worth more than a million dollars. That's my opinion though of course. =) Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I, also, have only 24 hours in a day and if I have to write new discussions for different sites plus respond top those who comment on my sites it takes too much time. What I do is write up something and post the same thing on different sites because different people read different sites so basically the only time I take up is responding to them. :O)
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
No one can make that decision for you. It is one you have to make for yourself. I have recently started doing freelance work a little more seriously and haven't had a lot of time to put in here. I would like to maintain my earnings here at ten dollars a month though.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
And how much time does it take you to make $10?? I go to the theatre, write a review--let's say a total of 4 hours including getting there and back, and make $85 a review so the money here certainly isn't an issue but getting my writing out there is the problem. :O)
@Mike197602 (13937)
If everyone posted stuff here that they'd posted on other sites that were still up how would admin ever be able to check for plagiarism???...it'd be impossible. People may say oh we'd let admin know but all that'd do is bog admin down in a mountain of fact checking. So my opinion is either post original content just for mylot or, to be honest, it maybe not the place for you
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Check my discussions--I am pretty sure anyone can tell they are not plagiarized and as I said in another comment I have enough original material that I don't need to steal someone else's. As an out Gay, single (by choice), Jewish, old (80) very happy man I don't fit the general blogger here and since I am not doing it for the money I usually don't write "I washed the dishes" or "I looked out the window" discussions!! I have been blogging for over 15 years, literally have thousands of blogs around plus even had a book of blogs posted--with all that I very seldom see most of the discussions I ahve posted here in other places and/or even here! Thanks for you opinion
@Fleura (7373)
Well, reading through your post it seems that it just doesn't make sense to spend your time here when you have so many other things to do. I guess perhaps you could just pop in and say 'Hi' now and then but for publishing serious writing you need to go elsewhere I think.
@salonga (27955)
Well just come when you have extra time. Leaving will break the hearts of your friends around.
@bunnybon7 (37734)
• Holiday, Florida
i stay because of the friends. i post seldom. maybe just pop in and out at times.
@annierose (18021)
I hope you are still going to stay. As what you said a while ago in your post, there are many nice people here. And I think you got real friends here already. It will be a sad thing if you will leave.
Sounds like you have some valid reasons for leaving. I have had to let some things go by the wayside also. You have to weigh what is important to you. It will be said to see you go and have enjoyed reading your posts. I think that the admin. was more than nice to bring the pay out amount down. It helps a lot of people. Of course all changes aren't good for all members. Hope you enjoy whatever decision that you make.
@sallypup (29398)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It is an addictionn being here otherwise why be here? Laughing and crying with folks and gaining a quarter penny each hour. Quite the life!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
That is where the dilemma comes in--I am not 'addicted' to this place yet as it doesn't seem to be as involving as other sites I am in.
@sallypup (29398)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GreatMartin I'm enjoying the haunted house scenario that I posted- a few folks are joining in, adding to the atmosphere in it.
@blitzfrick (2912)
OMG, I wondered where you were and now you're contemplating leaving? Argh! I'm following you now. Don't you dare leave...I mean...please don't go.
@PainsOnSlate (20670)
I love mylot just for the connections with old friends. I know there is no money here unless you spend a ton of time here... and I don't have time for that but I can't just leave because I feel like you are all family... I get here when I can. YOU have to do what is GOOD for you.
The decision is yours to make and you alone. Good luck in whatever endeavor you will take. Best bet for you will be to show up here on your free time and post and interact when you can.
I hope that you stay
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
You should stay b/c we are selfish and want you here. Some of us know how to find you online if you are not here-but it would not be the same.
@Daljinder (22196)
You can make one day a week kind of thing with myLot
@Bluedoll (17050)
All the reasons are valid ones. It is a question I think of if you can limit the time to something that suits you or if that is not possible then ...