Does spending big money on the first day of the week mean you are going to spend the same amount for the whole week?

@annierose (17418)
We have a superstitious belief that one should not as much as possible spend money on Mondays. Because they said, if you spend big money on Mondays, you are going to spend the same amount for the whole week. I remembered that superstition when I checked my e-mail today. A learning material that I wished to buy is now on sale. From $18 it is now $14. It already means a lot to me. However, I have doubts if I should purchase it or not. It is Monday! Do you have the same belief?
@Raine38 (9036)
I do not believe in that. One can spend nothing on Monday and yet spend all his or her savings the rest of the week. It's all about control and priorities. That sounds like a good deal, but if you foresee more price decrease in the coming days you may want to wait for a bit. The downside is if the stocks are limited.
@annierose (17418)
@Raine38 Yes, I agree with you. I am thinking that I am going to use the product as soon as possible for my students so I purchased it already even it is Monday.
@Raine38 (9036)
@annierose Let us know if you end up spending more money the coming days .
@annierose (17418)
@Raine38 Actually, my dentist texted me asking me if I can go to clinic today. I just told her I will go next Sunday. If I go today, I am going to pay her 1,500.
No , we don't have that belief over here . Though if eer we have that , i won't beleve i at all just like any ther superstitious beliefs .
@annierose (17418)
@SIMPLY Sometimes I ask my mom if we should still believe on it. She said there is no harm in believing.
@annierose Well , i guess she's correct . There's no harm in believing that . In fact , you can learn how to economize instead .
@annierose (17418)
@SIMPLYD True! We always have a choice..Hum,,do you agree that we always have a choice? Or is it a case to case basis?
Used to believe that as well but when I got older, I realized that regardless of the day of the week, I'd still spend a lot if I didn't stick to my weekly budget.
@annierose (17418)
@allen0187 I agree. I think it will just depend on one's personality.
True!
@annierose (17418)
@allen0187 Oh, a while ago my dentist sent me a message asking me if I will go for an ortho-adjustment today. If I go, I need to pay 1,500 today. So, I said I will just go next Sunday.
No. I just spent all I'm going to this week, unless something comes up I'm not aware of.
@annierose (17418)
@just4him Hi Valerie! I think it is reasonable. I also think carefully before I purchase the Reading Intervention Program that was on sale yesterday.
@annierose I do want to purchase a recliner. It's in my plan to do so and went online to do that today. I just need to measure my doorway before I purchase the one I found at a great price.
@salonga (28072)
Oh dear, you control your own money so whether it is first day of the week or not, if you want to finish it up in the next days to come, it will happen. I don't believe in superstition, I am the one controlling my own actions anyway.
@annierose (17418)
@salonga Yes, as much as possible I do not spend much on Mondays. My mom always remind us not to spend money if it is not necessary and important especially during Monday. I thought about the material I am going to purchase and that material is essential for me and my students. I chose to purchase it even it was Monday.
I do not believe in superstitions. But my mom and my older brother do. I am actually annoyed when they base their actions according to their superstitions.
@annierose (17418)
@iam_jauntyjen My mom just tells us there is nothing bad in believing superstitions. Furthermore, she tells us that it is always better to be safe than sorry. As for me, there are some superstitions that I follow and some that I just ignore.
@FayeHazel (12438)
I have never heard that superstition, though I do notice that if I get in the habit of going out to eat a lot, shopping, that it's hard to break because then I want to go out to eat all the time.... and I can't afford doing that. I think you should buy the learning material. Knowledge is a good investment.
@annierose (17418)
@FayeHazel Thank you Faye! Yes, I bought it and it is a great help for me and for my students. How are you?
I'm thinking of saving most of my earnings and not spending them anymore. It's come to my attention that earning online is not as big as before.
@annierose (17418)
@Letranknight2015 Hi! Asides from Mylot, where are you working?
@hereandthere (25132)
sometimes i wonder if that's the reason why some atms are offline monday morning.
@annierose (17418)
@hereandthere Really? I haven't tried it yet to get money from atm machines during Mondays.