The British Invasion

@moffittjc (43010)
Gainesville, Florida
Having visited a very crowded Disney World in Florida this weekend for my daughter's birthday, I have become absolutely convinced that the entire population of the British Isles packed up and came to Florida for a holiday. About 65 million of them! There were bloody Limeys everywhere I turned, and after a while of listening to all the English-accented conversations, I became confused if I was in the United States or in Great Britain! I looked everywhere for @koalemos to see if he had led the British invasion of Disney World, but I could not find him anywhere! I mostly think that was because of my temporary blindness from the sun reflecting off of all that pale white skin! And I thought the Yanks from up north were pale! Anyway, after a few days in the hot Florida sun, us natives will be referring to them all as lobsters anyway! haha But anyway, I was glad to see so many Brits enjoying themselves at the happiest place on earth! After traveling so many thousands of miles across a mighty ocean, I hope the trip to Disney was definitely worth it! Because we want you to come back again next year, of course!
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
So that is where everybody went. It is very lonely over here in the rain at present. Did listening to correct English improve your command of the language?
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
It was hopeless for me, but my daughter was speaking in a pretty good British accent by the end of the weekend! And by the way, if all you Englishmen were over here in the US this weekend, who was keeping an eye on Britain?
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@moffittjc I was of course because I am always here.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Asylum Yes, you are always there, and always watching with those sharp eyes of yours! It's a good thing the UK has you on duty!
The more the merrier. New icon - pumpkin you made?
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's a selfie of me when I woke up Saturday morning after throwing up all night the night before! lol
@moffittjc Your pumpkin looks upset yo!
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby That's because my pumpkin is on fire! Wouldn't you be upset if you were on fire? LOL
@kevin1877uk (36976)
love the States, been to Boston, Vegas and plenty of places in and around California, only wish I was back there. Never been to Disney World, maybe one day.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
Sorry to hear about California! Maybe better luck on your next trip to the States! Haha
@kevin1877uk (36976)
@moffittjc It's life, relationship break ups happen. Yes who knows what might/could happen.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
@kevin1877uk Please, stay away from California next time! We want you to leave with a good impression of the United States! haha
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
I've heard it said that what Americans find most shocking about Brits is their horrible teeth.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
There is a lot of truth to that! We love everything about the British except for their teeth! Haha
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
@moffittjc In turn, we Brits expect all you Americans to be the size of a house because of your massive portion sizes.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
@5thHouse Well, in all fairness, we are probably the fattest nation on the planet! LOL I exercise and workout regularly, so I don't fit into that fat category!
@TheSojourner (17454)
Sounds like it was a great time, in spite of the "invasion!" Happy birthday to your daughter!
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
I happen to like the British, so it was actually quite fun! The only time foreign tourists bother me is when the Brazilians take over Disney in the summer time. They are loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate. In fact, it was because of the behavior of the Brazilians that Disney implemented several new rules last year for guests at its theme parks.
@moffittjc and people think that the Americans are loud and obnoxious. I, too, love the British. Have one of my Fondest Memories of when I took a backpack and went to England and Scotland for 3 weeks while I was a 40-something year-old students. I went for Christmas of 1999 New Years 2000. I stayed in youth hostels.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
@CoralLevang I have a friend doing that right now! Backpacking around Europe and staying in youth hostels! She says she gets lost of interesting looks from people half her age, but otherwise they're very welcoming!
@hereandthere (31146)
happy birthday to your daughter? how old is she now, 17? i would probably eavesdrop all day listening to all kinds of english being spoken. i know this is a stupid question: how do florida natives not tan or burn?
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
We are tan from being in the sun all the time!
@moffittjc you don't use sunscreen anymore?
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
@hereandthere I always use sunscreen! But you still can get tan, even with sunscreen, it just takes longer!
Some times we run into a lot of people from Britain when we are skiing. Some people come back every year.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
Florida is overrun by the British during the winter, especially around the Christmas holidays, but I was surprised to see so many of them this early in the year!
@moffittjc Interesting. And I thought they were overrun by Northerners all winter!
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
@paigea Northerners, British, Canadians...we invite everyone to the party during the winter!
Oh my gosh, anyone would have been forgiven for thinking that it was half-term last week! {It was half-term last week, so most of the schools have a week off... I imagine it must be cheaper to go to America in half-term than in the summer months!} I wasn't there, thankfully. ;)
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well, that probably explains it! Most of the British were with children, so that probably explains it!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Lobsters! I use that term often. But do some of the fair maidens have freckles? I miss freckles.
@moffittjc (43010)
• Gainesville, Florida
I haven't seen many Brits with freckles, although I'm sure they're out there. It's mostly the Irish I see with freckles.
I hope everyone that comes to Disney Land enjoys their visit. Especially people from other countries.