Do you still read books?

@iridion9 (10856)
Or not anymore? Me?, I still read books but very very seldom. I'm addicted to eBooks and the internet. You?
I have heard of these ebooks but never bother to download them. I mean, I don't know where to start.
@iridion9 (10856)
If you have smartphone or tablet that can read ebooks. For example, if you buy books in Amazon.com instead of buying a hard copy you have the option to buy the ebook instead. The saving is HUGE than buying the conventional book. Hope this help.
@iridion9 (10856)
Sometimes these ebooks are in pdf format. There are also .chm, ..doc etc..
@letranknight2015 There is also the app for amazon you can get on your tablet or smartphone and just go to the Kindle store and get the free app and then look in the Kindle store and there ae some free books or you can pay for the books but new ones are a lot cheaper than buying the new book in paper form!
@XinfulThotz (4184)
• Singapore, Singapore
Once in a while...
@iridion9 (10856)
really, wow you look amazing...
• Singapore, Singapore
@iridion9 thank you!
@iridion9 (10856)
@XinfulThotz What type/topics of books you are most interested?
I love reading books, I now have a small library of books with different genres. As much as possible, after I finish a book, I read another. As of now, due to the hype of my booknerd friends of the movie Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I started reading the book and it is insightful and imaginative. During my free time, instead of doing nothing and just blankly stare at a computer screen, I read books as it contributes to more knowledge and principles I can apply in real life. I prefer books to e-books because reading from a screen for too long strains the eye. Plus, when there is no electricity or during hiking, books are your best friends.
@iridion9 (10856)
Good to know that, but ebooks save you HUGE of money. It also saves thousands of trees, helps preserve nature/environment.
@iridion9 Well, it has its advantages and disadvantages, but for me, I weighed them and researched about them and found out that paperback books have more advantages than e-books subconsciously and consciously. Regarding the environmental issues, I don't think they just illegally cut off trees to create books 'just like that', as I read that there is a specific reservoir of natural resources that are culminated for books and paper, so it kind of like loops around. Anyway, books are still books and as long as we enjoy them it does not matter if its ebook or paperback books.
• Uzbekistan
I read books *and* e-books.
@iridion9 (10856)
good.
@quantum2020 (10035)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I donĀ“t read books like I used to. I most commonly read e-books that I find online
@iridion9 (10856)
you read the ebook in your smartphone or tablet?
@acelawrites (12537)
I rarely do it now; only when I have spare time, say while waiting for my husband somewhere and there's no available wifi (internet) there.
I hardly do now a days :/
@dobi_1122 (116)
• Bulgaria
I read books on paper and in electronic format. But more recently I read on my phone
@responsiveme (16874)
I do...I am a bookworm.
Of course I will still read books, but today I mainly read cooking books since I want to have more inspirations And since I have a Kindle, so I also like to download eBooks so that we can read it anytime.
@sublime03 (1811)
I used to read books back when I was in high school then i stopped when I got to college. But a year ago when I had my second child, I realized the only thing I can do is whatever my phone can handle. So I found online where i could get up to date ebooks for cheap and I never stopped reading until now.
I read and write books, so I hope there are still people out there reading them.
@annierose (18021)
Yes, Yes, Yes! I love to read books very much. It gives me an idea on what to write. So books are my best friends. I am reading one book today. I am looking forward to finish it today. Then, I have another bought that I bought before but haven't read yet. I would like to finish that novel soon.
@iridion9 I read t5he internet sometimes and mostly read a mixture between e-books and library books!
@slayer08 (2361)
I do. Although I'm not a fan of ebooks. I still prefer paperbacks, hard bound or soft bound - I love the smell of new books and old books. :) I read classic books most of the time but I'm also open to contemporary authors and novelists.
@Meramar (2733)
Yes, I still read books, also ebooks. But, I prefer printed ones. I like to hold them in my hands and the smell of the paper.
Yes! I actually prefer paperback that ebooks. I am a voracious reader and I am thinking putting up a small mini library at home.