Help for relaxing and getting to sleep...

@sueznewz2 (10156)
Alicante, Spain
A friend of mine has asked me to compile some rest, and relaxation music, from you tube, to to help her relax, and get to sleep. She said she likes some of the music her physiotherapist plays..., zen type music, pan pipes, bird song, rain and running water and much more... Her physio has put the music on a memory stick, and we are transferring it onto her computer for her..., and picking out some more from you tube..., and yes ..., some of the tracks are very relaxing..., but, some of them have too much rain and running water sounds..., and I am wondering, if It would make me think, I need to go to the toilet again and again ... lol, ?? I found several I liked, this one has pan pipes and rain drops, but the rain drops are not so noticeable ... click on the link below for a taster of what we’ve been listening too... https://youtu.be/nMXNPGxX4Uw Do you have trouble sleeping or relaxing, have you tried this as a help ? My friend has found it to be very helpful ... and if you do not like this.. there are sssooooo many types of rest and relaxation tracks available... Piano, gregorian chant music.., celtic music, harp music.. angelic new age and elelctronic music... too many to list here... sssoooo much to choose from.. something for everyone I think... photo is mine.
?SUBSCRIBE: http://goo.gl/esU634 for Regular Relaxing Music with Nature 8 hour relaxation combining relaxing Music and the soothing, calming sound of Gentle ...
I need complete silence to sleep, this is has always been the case since I was a little baby. I like to listen to classic music when I read.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
I don't need silence ... Anna @LadyDuck just the natural sounds of my environment..., fortunately I do not need any help getting to sleep... most of the time..., but ...., I do need silence when I'm reading... I can't read and listen to music or have the tv on in the background...
@sueznewz2 I cannot have the TV in the background when I read and I do not want to listen to song, only Classical music and played very softly, I almost do not hear it. I do not sleep well at all, the minimum noise and I am full awake.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
@LadyDuck aahhh I see... just quiet classical music, I'm sorry that you are such a light sleeper... I am good most of the night... but if I wake between 5 and 7 am, I usually can not get back to sleep, but I usually like to sleep through to 8. am. whichI know is quite late by some peoples standards..
@JESSY3236 (7760)
I can't stand running water like rain. But normally I don't need this to sleep.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
I quite like the sound of running water .. rain and waves..., and birds singing.... when I'm out for a walk..., @JESSY3236 but fortunately, I have no need of these things to help me get to sleep...
• Greece
@sueznewz2 The only sound of water that I have occasionally been able to hear in bed is the sound of the sea gently lapping the beach - that was when I was on holiday in a hotel close to the sea.
@Raine38 (9193)
When under a lot of pressure or stress, I usually have trouble sleeping. I would usually have sleepy time tea or plain green tea or a cup of warm almond milk to help me calm down and relax. Sometimes I would hop in the hot tub or spend half an hours in the sauna so I can de-stress. Music does not work for me - I used to have those apps which play soothing music but for some reason instead of making good me sleepy it reminds me of background noises or music for horror flicks.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
when I was younger I used to listen to the top 20 when I went to bed... but it had the opposite effect on me as I would stay awake waiting for my favourite tunes to come on... these days ..., I am fortunate that I do not need any help getting to sleep...
• Greece
@sueznewz2 I would not have listened to the top 20 when I was young, it was the age of rock n roll and I would have been rocking the night away instead of sleeping it.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
Love it! I will try to remember that for when I am having problems. Thanks for sharing.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
you're welcome @celticeagle ... It's quite nice to just listen too anytime as a de stresser ... not just for trying to get too sleep....
@sueznewz2 .....Yes, it is. I have both those issues at times.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
@celticeagle well I hope it helps ..
@PainsOnSlate (20835)
I sleep like a baby and don't need music to make me sleep. AT one point in my life I listened to rain on tape to get to sleep but now I'm old and no problems to sleep...my work often kept me awake at night but not longer.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm the same @PainsOnSlate I have no trouble getting to sleep... so have no need of this type of music either... I think we are very fortunate to not have this problem...
• Greece
Going to bed with a mind at peace is the way to fall asleep quickly but I guess that is the luxury of those who no longer work for a living.
@41CombedaleRoad that is true, when working It was not so easy to get to sleep, I often tossed and turned replaying the day...
i didn't survive the first track! to me, that music 'tis jest too eerie :( i've loads 'f trouble gettin' slumber to come quite oft, but fear that music jest don't do't fer me. i need either silence 'r jest the gentle sounds 'f the great outdoors. big hugs!
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
no I understand ... . it's not to everyones taste.. hugs and wishes for sweet dreams my friends...
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
I can understand that @crazyhorseladycx it's not to everyones taste... I prefer the same as you ... more hugs .. coming your way...
Good to hear this has helped your friend. I have never tried this type of relaxation, but I do not struggle with sleep, and that makes me a fortunate one.
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
yes same here @Corbin5 ... I do not reeally have a problem with getting to sleep...
• Greece
If I take a short nap in the afternoon then I put the TV on knowing that the adverts will wake me up when they interrupt the program and that keeps the nap short. At night I do not need anything as my eyes close as soon as my head touches the pillow - unless my feet are cold and then it is a whole different story...