What are the chances?

@ElicBxn (60771)
So... I think I've mentioned that my roomie has had to start dialysis. Now, 3 years ago she had a "hemo" port put in, but it wasn't until this August that she was informed that she was going to have to start dialysis. However, we managed to convince them - the dialysis people - that we were willing and able to keep the place clean enough to do peritoneal dialysis (PD) at home. I have mentioned in a couple of other discussions about being in training... Well, this is what we are training for. This allows the roomie to use the cycler at night, while she sleeps, and lets her keep her full time job without a$$hat boss moving her to a different team. Well, because I had 2 doctor appointments on Wednesday and the PD nurse also had a conflict, it was looking like it would be the end of next week or even the following Monday (Nov 14th) before we could get our home visit and get started. We had training yesterday (Oct 31st), but at 7:30, my later doctor's nurse was calling to tell me she was having "emergency" surgery on Wednesday and could they move me to tomorrow (today.) Well, yeah, I'm fine with that, okay, MOSTLY fine with that... I had to jump out of bed and take a shower before going. I got up at 7:40, I was out of the house at 8:15... and give me a break, guys, I am a female, not a very good one, but still. I don't do make up and stuff, but I had to have a shower, because... Then we get to training. I was told to start the "fill" by myself. The PD nurse was watching through the window, but it was just the two of us in the room. After that was done, she came in and watched as I changed the bandage - I've been doing this for a while now alone at the house. Then we took our "final exams." Toward the end of the session, the lead PD nurse came in and said: "I've had a change in my schedule on Wednesday, do you want to come in?" The roomie and I exchanged looks and said: "Yes." Almost as one. "My later doctor appointment has been rescheduled too, so we could get here by 10:30, maybe." "Lets make it 11," she said. "Then we could do the home visit on Monday." I mean... what are the chances that both of our schedules would be changed on the same day?
The Universe is conspiring to make things right.
@ElicBxn (60771)
Yeah, I think so!
@ElicBxn aren't you glad the Universe is at your side?!!
@ElicBxn (60771)
@allen0187 when most of the time it seems to come at me in combat boots, yeah...
@peavey (16333)
Wow, that's pretty cool that things worked out like that! What are the chances, indeed!
@ElicBxn (60771)
I agree. It was like Monday there was a shift to make things come out the right way.
@peavey (16333)
@ElicBxn You must be living right.
@JustBhem (31735)
• Davao, Philippines
People in need will always have the time of bringing people closer.
@ElicBxn (60771)
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this... can you explain?
That's a lot for you to take in.
@ElicBxn (60771)
Yeah. The roomie went and watched a video on You Tube and scared herself. I didn't so I didn't start this training feeling overwhelmed.
@mesbakh (175)
we must have good healthy life . espcially sugar diet. most people love sweet and never think that too much sweet is dangarous
@ElicBxn (60771)
yeah, but I'm also obese, older than she is and my blood pressure is normally very good and so is my blood sugar... She has been obese since she was a teen, had high blood pressure even back then and became type 2 diabetic in her late 20's. I a massive sugar eater... I actually tend to run low blood sugar rather than high. Sugar is, yes, part of the problem, but it isn't the only thing to blame.