If You Were in My Shoes...

By @n.J
What would you do? So my husband has been giving me cold shoulders after posting cryptic shout out on his FB. (If you have been my follower, you must have read it in one of my discussions ) The day I saw his shout out I immediately sent him a private Message.He did not reply.Instead,he deactivated his account.Since he is a mariner,our means of communication is by SMS,chat or video call. I immediately sent him several SMS to ask what the problem was but he did not dare to reply. I have been clueless until now. The last time we chatted everything waa smooth. The next day he was that strange. I continued to send him information about my day and ny visits to the doctor and so on even though he does not reply. After 12 days he replied to my kakaotalk with a devil emoticon .I sent her a video of our daughter but his reply was a devil emo?? I replied "happy halloween" he just typed "I will be very busy due to inspection" Durimg those days that he was acting up, many things came into my mind like maybe somebody else is using his account because my lappy was stolen last month.Perhaps his mobile phone was stolen and so on. Yesterday,I sent a message to him, I asked him to write his mom's name in English characters.If he won't be able to reply or do it then somebody must have been using his mobile phone.But after 24 hours his reply was correct. I really do not know what made him cross. Why is he giving me tbis attitude? I asked him just now through chat what was wrong. I don't know if he would reply.
Hard to tell.. Maybe he's having a hard time hence the mood swings? Will you see him anytime soon?
No.His contract is until June next year.
@Iam_jauntyjen oh he's been away since June this year. That's a hard call. Is this common for his work to go away or maybe he's just had a rough day and taking it out on you
@infatuatedbby he is a mariner/sailor. I don't know he is not telling me exactly what the problem is. I am getting impatient because he is acting like a little child again
@epiffanie (9658)
Sorry that your husband is ignoring you like this... I would be very upset if I were you.. But maybe he is planning a surprise for you...
No. I am sure he is not @epiffainie :)
@epiffanie (9658)
@Iam_jauntyjen Well, I hope by this time ,you would have an explanation from him ..
@XinfulThotz (4187)
• Singapore, Singapore
how often does he come home? have you done anything to make him cross? if not, i would only say the behaviour is a little weird...
That is why I have been asking him because I do not know what made him cross.
• Singapore, Singapore
@Iam_jauntyjen hope you would get a genuine reply from him soon
• Japan
Wow, it must be hard to be in your situation right now. Even I am confused as to what I would do if something like that were to happen to me. But growing up in a Christian community, if there's nothing I can do to confirm my own suspicions, I just pray, and let God do the work if He wills it. But anyway, with what is going on with you right now, I can only hope that you will get through it eventually. God bless!
Thanks for your comment Bady @GopherDanny. I really appreciate your gesture. I am also a Christian (Catholic). Yes, prayers help a lot. I asked for the intercession of St.Therese. After three days I received a reply from husband but unfortunaty a devil emo hahahaha. But atleast ,I know he is still alive and kicking lol.
• Japan
@Iam_jauntyjen Maybe, in the Spirit of All Saint's Day he is trolling you with those silly little devil emoticons? Ha ha, all the best!
@Raine38 (9029)
I have been in a long distance relationship which the main means of communication comprises of text messages and IMs. And I have to admit that in texts and messages, it is hard to gauge if a person is joking, being silly, or mad or just being neutral. You cannot hear the intonation or see the gestures to actually see how the message is conveyed that it is very easy to misinterpret the message. Maybe he just needs some time to get over it and calm down and eventually he will be ready to talk about it. Just keep giving him updates and do not disconnect with him.
Thanks for the comment. I have been keeping him updated every day but honestly a while ago, I thought of disconnecting with him. He is so annoying. lol
@moondebi (1223)
• Bangalore, India
Are you sure about the reasons behind his withdrawn behavior? This is a difficult situation to be sorted through a distant communication.
@moodebi I am clueless actually. The night before his behavior,we chatted and there was no issue at all. The next day,I saw his cryptic shout outs
I cannot understand, I do not think he was offended because he shout out about his cryptic posts on FB. May be he is stressed due to his work. It's hard to know because he is far from you.
@ms1864 (6996)
• Bangalore, India
It is sure confusing ....it is best to clear the air.
@mesbakh (175)
it is very complicated condition to comment. just hope the best