Crying 96 Tears

Riga, Latvia
I really doubt it that you could count 96 tears but these tears worked well for a group with a very strange name ? and the Mysterians. Things just keep getting stranger since band member Rudy Martinez who was born in Mexico but lived in Michigan actually changed his name to a punctuation mark. Perhaps he doubted his own existence. The band gained popularity with their hit “96 Tears” that finally reached the top of the Billboard pop chart in 1966. The group was formed of four Mexican-American teenagers in Saginaw, Michigan who started playing instrumental music in a garage. They chose their name from a Japanese science fiction movie. It was Martinez’s poem titled “Too Many Teardrops” that became “96 Teardrops”. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/96-tears-becomes-a-1-hit-for-the-enigmatic-and-influential-and-the-mysterians
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38636107912&ref=ts Here's a music video of Question Mark and The Mysterians - 96 Tears - this...
• Denmark
Prince also changed his name, but it was a mere symbol and unpronounceable. At least, I don't know what people said when they were talking about him.
• Preston, England
the name makes me think of The Mysterions in Captain Scarlet puppet shows
I don't know this song or the group at all.
A great song.
• Rochester, New York
I listened to the song and am not sure why it was so well liked. The guy ? just about repeated the same words over and over again. lol
• Riga, Latvia
Well you know it just take a song to catch on no matter what it's like and people just follow along @LisaSteinmetz
My husband and I remember 96 Tears. Did he change his name before or after Prince changed his to a symbol?
• Riga, Latvia
He did it first because this was in 1966 @DianneN