Just how screwed up is the USA Presidential election?

Well, it's like this: Even newspaper publishers are 'sharing' hoax stories on facebook as if they are real to cast doubt upon candidates. Which shows you can't trust even news sources about what to believe and what not to believe. It is a sad fact that everyone is trying to 'smear' Hillary and/or Trump with false news stories...especially when there is so much REAL stuff out there. But it is even worse when people involved in publishing news 'share' things that are patently untrue. I hate The Donald and Hillary...but I keep finding myself having to defend both of them from 'false' stories. There are plenty of real reasons to be against both of them...why make stuff up? And why share things that are false? When I catch someone in one lie, it makes me wonder about anything else they say.
@Morleyhunt (19282)
As a Canadian bystander, I cringe at the stories I've read. True or not. My Facebook "friends" have been thinned. I simply didn't want to see another political post.
I've been 'unfollowing' people left and right
@Jackalyn (7384)
• Oxford, England
@JolietJake Freya says it is a cat's game. She sends her love to Scar and thank you for refollowing us then!
@chiwasaki (4661)
Here in our country, media is no longer fair which is sad. They're supposed to spread the truth.
I can't wait for this election to be over. It has been a brutal cycle.
You are right and it is insane how so called professionals spread those fake stories just for the pleasure to throw mud. Well, next week, at least this phase, will be over.
@sugartoes (43834)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I hear you, & I agree with you if they would focus on what REALLY matters they'd get the votes they need to win but they rather focus on the stuff that HURTS them than help them, that's just not right or FAIR to them. I'm not into Hillary cause I feel we need a GOOD change to turn things around but the way things are going I feel we will get the same old crap from Hillary
@egdcltd (7201)
News sources these days are frequently not impartial. Unfortunately, they pretend that they are. (Okay, in the past they didn't tend to be impartial either, but it used to be they didn't pretend they were.)
@louievill (20365)
By your tone it sounds really screwed up you don't need a screw driver, by golly you can just turn it with the tip of your fingers
@KristenH (25317)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Good point. But we have to vote for the right person to be our next president this Tuesday. I voted via absentee ballot for the latter (Hillary) than the former (Trump). My brother is undecided.
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
The perils of a "free press". Alas. Or we are all going to hell in a handcart sooner than we imagine...
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
@JolietJake People just love bad, if untrue, news. Here, the press are trying to discredit the three judges who ruled last week that our Prime Minister cannot proceed with her plan to take the UK out of the European Union without Parliament signifying agreement. It is depressing.
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
The Daily Mail, one of Britain's most popular but divisive newspapers, published a headline reading "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE" in reference to the three judges.
@Hanyouyomi (1948)
• Dallas, Texas
I'm not surprised by this anymore. I've been seeing this kind of crap since I was thirteen and thought it was childish.(Yeah an arrogant thirteen year old brat thinking adults are being childish. Let that sink in.) But this is the chaotic nature of the political hemisphere in America. So it's just nature running it's course, at best should ignore it.
there was a lot of this going on, and I do wish people would check before they believe!!
@Jackalyn (7384)
• Oxford, England
Oh! You are still here and not gone? I was so confused yesterday. I do not trust any politician. There is always something.
@koopharper (6895)
This campaign has been one of the most toxic things I've ever watched in my life. I'll be glad when it's over. I think the US needs to take a long look at how they select candidates for the future. I also think that the words liberal and conservative have to have their meanings restored because they get thrown around like dirty words.
@LoriAMoore (4675)
Exactly. They bad stuff they do is plenty newsworthy so as to make it unnecessary to make up false claims.