We fell back last night

@norcal (3214)
Nevada City, California
I forgot that it was time to fall back last night. This time of year, people complain about the time change. Personally, I'm a fan. In the summer I look forward to daylight savings time. I know it's hard to get up an hour earlier, but I get used to it pretty fast. I enjoy how the days seem to last forever. Of course the days are so long in the middle of the summer anyway, that even with the adjusted clock it's daylight at 6:00 in the morning and it's still light at 9:00 at night. Then, it really is necessary to change the clock back to regular time in the winter. I remember during the oil embargo in the 1970s when the government decided that we could save energy by having daylight savings time all year round. It really did not work out so well. With the short days, instead of using electric lights at night, we had to use them in the morning. I remember well waiting for the school bus under a bright moon, with the stars twinkling above. I don't mind the time change, in fact I like that I got up at the same time, but the clock says it's earlier. Still, I do not look forward to those short dark days ahead. I need to move to the tropics. Graphic by the author
@TheSojourner (17306)
I'm with you on not being a fan of the dark days. I live pretty far north, so before it's over we will have only about 8 hours of light in December.
@norcal (3214)
• Nevada City, California
Ugh, yes! The days are already a lot shorter. We'd better appreciate the sunlight while we can :)
@norcal whenever possible!
I wish we stayed on DLS all year. I would go to work in the dark; it would be worth it to have that hour of daylight after work. Saskathewan stays on it all year.
@norcal (3214)
• Nevada City, California
I'm not a morning person. The fall time change is easier for me.
We had a clock change last weekend, it doesn't really make much difference to me.
Our dog was the only one confused here. My husband and the dog go to the dog park every morning at the same time, and she bugged him all morning due to the fact that she thought they should have been on their way an hour ago.
@norcal (3214)
• Nevada City, California
my dogs want to eat at their old dinner time.
I'd forgotten all about it until i started reading all the time change posts this morning. We'd still be off.
@norcal (3214)
• Nevada City, California
My first clue was that my phone said it was an hour earlier than my clock. I got up early without even trying!
@Platespinner (17041)
I'm not fond of long nights myself. Love the extra daylight we get to enjoy in the summertime.
@Jackalyn (6684)
• Oxford, England
I get so confused when tbe clocks change. My body hates it.
@LeaPea2417 (21553)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am glad I got the extra hour of sleep and rest.
The days are definitely getting shorter. With the time change it will be dark by the time either get home from work. I am not liking that idea at all. Short days can get depressing.