Meanwhile, in a small town in the middle of America...

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
...someone is drinking coughee and questioning the validity of allowing uninformed citizens to vote. *sips coughee* Sadly, I feel too many people are just going to do what always happens...follow their particular 'herd' and vote for whomever is leading the 'flock'. At first, it was funny watching all those people spouting the same old tired arguments in favor of their candidate. But it stopped being funny several months ago. *sips coughee* And of course, there are the same old statements being made about 'wasting' your vote by some people because you don't believe either of the two top-runners in this election deserve to be in office. These people appear to think that you should vote for someone you do not want in office, and if you don't vote for someone you don't want in office, you are 'wasting' your vote. NEWSFLASH - Using a vote to vote AGAINST a candidate, instead of FOR a candidate, is wasting your vote. But you just go ahead and believe the crap you are spouting. Just do me the favor of not complaining when things don't change because people won't change the way they think. Yes, at the moment, I would get the (expletive deleted) out of Dodge if I could. Just because America is going to Hell doesn't mean I want to go there. But it looks like I am stuck on this ride and can't get off.
I wonder if any Americans will migrate to Australia? But we're pretty fussy about who we take.
• Olney, Illinois
I qualify with having the characteristics of the original settlers there
@JolietJake I guess that means you identify with the convicts? And maybe have a record? We only want squeaky clean people - and we have enough of them causing trouble as it is. Sorry.
• Olney, Illinois
@JudyEv I have hundreds of records! What, you guys are prejudiced against music lovers now? And I just got out of the shower as well!
We are all ready for the worst, no matter who of the two wins.
• Olney, Illinois
I'm not ready, I haven't even found a cave to hide in yet
@JolietJake There is an atomic shelter in our home, if you find no place where to go, feel free to come here.
@Dextoi (1954)
A lot of Filipinos say "we have just entered the gates of HELL"
• Olney, Illinois
Save a seat for me, I'm sure we'll be there shortly
@Dextoi (1954)
@JolietJake we'll update you on how Hell is... and I hope you can still steer away... lol...
@egdcltd (6322)
I think the reason it's said that a third party vote is a vote wasted is because no third party candidate has the slightest chance of winning unless the main parties actually start losing voters. Which doesn't look likely, especially as the distressingly large number of fanatics will vote for their candidate no matter what and will be able to justify all their flaws. Most of the people who decide the election are those who vote depending on the candidate, and by themselves they lack enough votes to elect anyone (I estimate they are around 20% of the electorate). The flaws of this are being amply shown this time.
• Olney, Illinois
While the candidate I vote for may not have the slightest chance of winning, I am not 'wasting' my vote by using it to say I think they should be the one elected, which is exactly what most people who vote for the two 'major' parties claim I am doing.
@egdcltd (6322)
@JolietJake I do wonder why the two parties decided Clinton and Trump were their best choices.
• Olney, Illinois
@egdcltd There were over 150,000,000 people that were eligible...and they picked those two...I think they've all lost their minds
yeah, the next day is prob the most important, and most screwed up day in a while
Yep, no matter what the destination is at this point, we're all on the same train !
@sabtraversa (12179)
The Italian Facebook has many discussions about a possible implementation of a test to take before voting, for making sure the voters know what they're doing, what the projects of each party are or what a referendum is about. That would be unfair against the dumb people though, as they must be free to vote as well! So yeah, that's the disadvantage of being in a country of freedom.