My Rant

Green Bay, Wisconsin
You don't need to read this. But I need to put this out there before I bust something. Some of you know how my sister pulled the rug out from under me a couple weeks ago. Well, I heard from her today. She was talking Thanksgiving, and I blew apart. Yes, that's exactly what happened. I have never in my life been so hurt by anyone at anytime as I was when she made me happy and then pulled the rug out from under me within 24 hours. I've done what I can to get over the hurt, but it's still there. I told her I was having Thanksgiving with my boys. She said well, that's good. I'm sorry I offended you. Oh yes, I blew and I ended up hanging up on her. I couldn't stay in the apartment, so I left and found my peaceful place. You see it pictured above. It was quiet today, just the way I wanted it. I needed to sit and think, pray, and think, and run thoughts through my mind, and try very hard to get over the hurt. After that I went shopping. I needed milk, and I was out, so I knew it was a good time to get it. I got a few more things as well, but I didn't go overboard, mostly because all I wanted to do was ride the mobile cart through the store and look, and if I found something I've been looking for for a long time, then yes, I bought it. So I'm armed with Christmas cards. They had just gotten them in and only just started filling the shelves, so I had first pick, at least it felt that way. I bought three boxes. So if any of you want a Christmas card from me that I don't already have an address for, PM me your address, and I will be getting cards in the mail in the next couple days. So together with the time at Bay Beach, and the time in the store, I am feeling better, but I'm still melancholy. I don't know if I'm going to interact today. I'm thinking about watching a movie. I'm not good company right now, even for myself, so a movie might help. I thought about buying a book, but I couldn't find anything I wanted to read, mostly because I have one to finish writing. It's always like that when I'm writing. I can't read when I do. So anyway, this is a bit disjointed, and I'm hoping I can get a handle on this and get over the hurt that is eating me alive. I hope you all are having a much better day than I am. I will interact, hopefully before the day ends. I just needed to get this off my mind. And it's good I did, because now the tears are starting to fall and now healing can take place. Later.
I checked a lot of your discusions and never found out what happened with your sister in the first place. Anyway, just remember that we don´t chose our family, we chose our friends.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
A while back, her sister suggested that they have Thanksgiving at her place. Then the next day, she called her and had changed her mind. Broke Valerie's heart.
@cindiowens I´m sorry to hear that. I have had things like that in my life, but I´m thankful to say that I have wonderful friends who have been there by me.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@marguicha Yes, I think her sister should be a bit more kind toward her.
I don't know what happened so I guess I need to go back in your discussions.
She told me it would be good for me to have Thanksgiving at my apartment and 24 hours later she pulled the rug out from under me and told me my apartment was too small when I told her it would work. You'll find the post called Status.
@just4him That is TERRIBLE!
@AmbiePam Yes, so being hurt from her statement a couple weeks ago she called today about Thanksgiving and I told her I wouldn't be coming and I also told her what I thought about feeling like the black sheep in this family. It didn't go well and I needed to get away for a while.
Thank you.
Sorry you are feeling hurt and upset today. You have every right to feel that way. You just need time to yourself. I think watching a movie will do you good. I hope you feel better soon and are able to heal quickly from this hurt.
Thank you. Yes, the movie was good. I watched the second part of the Hobbit Trilogy. I still have the last part to watch.
I'm glad you got it all off of your chest.
Yes, it helped a lot. Thank you.
• Midland, Michigan
Well, I don't know as yet what your sister said the other day, but I 'll go and take a look for it. That image looks like a nice place to have to hang out with when the need arises. Is it fairly close to your house? I didn't realize you were so close to any body of water other than the Y.
Green Bay is at the base of the thumb and on the Bay of Green Bay where Bay Beach Amusement Park is located, where that picture was taken this past 4th of July. There's no swimming allowed there any longer, but back in my father's day there was. The post I referred to is called Status.
• Midland, Michigan
@just4him I looked a bit and then got waylaid. Will look again. I didn't realize that Green Bay was near the area that you called Washington Island recently. I did take a look at where that was in relation to Wisconsin and Michigan, but didn't look at nearby cities.
@MarshaMusselman Washington Island is at the top of the thumb and Green Bay is at the base.
Oh goodness I don't know what she did but I am sorry for it bothering you so
I'm doing better, but I'm still not great.
@just4him I am keeping a positive outlook to reach out towards you and help lift your spirits even greater so you will feel the 'great' you you wish to feel
@enlightenedpsych2 Thank you so much. I appreciate that.
@cindiowens (3840)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Crying always help relieve the anger and resentment. It also is cleansing, and afterwards our minds are a bit clearer. You happy place is lovely. It reminds me of mine a bit.
Water is always so peaceful. I could sit there for hours and today would have been perfect for it. The weather was beautiful, very uncommon for November. I think we were in the 60's. I agree, tears are cleansing, and I'm glad I'm finally starting to cry so I can get over this hurt and move on. At least she knows where I stand on what she did.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@just4him You cried, and she knows how you feel. Now it is time for healing.
@cindiowens Yes it is. Thank you for understanding.
I don't know what happened but I hope you are able to get over the hurt. Siblings can be so awful sometimes. I am glad I don't have any. Hope you find a good movie to watch that is entertaining and will help you leave reality for a couple of hours.
I was in the middle of the Hobbit trilogy, so watched part two. I'll watch the third part probably tomorrow. It is a good entertaining movie.
@just4him .....Never have watched them. The books were too complex for me. Too many characters.Fantasy seems to be like that.
@responsiveme (16755)
Hope you get over this soon...lifes like that....both the ups and downs. Take care. I know other peoples action hurt us at times...but again we shouldn't let them have the upper hand.
I'm finally getting past it. I agree with you.
I hope by the time you read this, you will feel much better. Family could be so hurtful at times.
Yes they can. Yes, I'm feeling better, thank you.
I'm sorry you are so upset. And I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving with your boys.
I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you. I'm doing better at the moment.
I am sorry you have been hurt. Your peaceful place looks great.
It is and it was a perfect day to visit there. The weather is beyond beautiful for November.
Oh yes, family will disappoint now and again. The secure thought is that that kind of disappointment is such a common occurrence for most of us. Knowing we are not alone regarding family disappointing us is a bit of comfort. Has happened to me plenty of times. Glad you found a way to calm yourself.
Thank you. I didn't realize there was such a calming effect in shopping, even when you don't have much to buy.
@tammys85 (10638)
Wow, what's her issue? I'm glad you're still going to have Thanksgiving with your boys, and I hope you're feeling better.
I don't know if you read 'Status'. I wrote it Oct. 16. That explains everything. I'm very happy I'm having Thanksgiving with my boys. It will be a very nice day for me. I might even invite my daughter. I doubt she'll come because she always goes to her mother-in-laws for the holidays. I also have the link on one of the comments if you want to read it.
@tammys85 (10638)
@just4him I may have read it, but I read through your comments on here to see what she had originally done. I just don't get why family members have to intentionally hurt each other. I'm glad you'll see your boys, and if she cannot come, maybe you can get together with your daughter that weekend. :)
@tammys85 I would really like to do so. It's been a long time since we sat down together for a holiday meal.
I dont know if I gave you my new address, I do wanna exchange cards!
Yes you did and I'll be sending them out probably tomorrow or Saturday since there's no mail on Friday. Do you still have mine?
@just4him I do! I need to get cards though, haven't made it to the store yet, maybe today
@Jessicalynnt I'll get the stateside cards in the mail after Thanksgiving. I sent out the international ones today.
@DeborahDiane (22485)
• Laguna Woods, California
I'm so sorry you have been going through this. No one can hurt us more than family members.
That's true. I'm doing better now.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I'm glad to hear you are doing better.
@DeborahDiane Thank you.
cry and wash away some of hte paion glad we are here for you family canhurt you so much worse thab out siders you just do not expect that from those you love darn
No, you don't expect it, and it really hurts when it happens.
So sorry about your sisters ugly attitude. I remember your post about it. Don't let her ruin your Thanksgiving.
I'm not. My oldest called my son while he was here a few days ago and I asked him then if he would like to come to Thanksgiving. So I'll have my boys and it will be good.
@marsha32 (6693)
I remember the days that I was able to send out Christmas cards to so many of my online friends. I miss those days. I have more than enough cards, but no money for the postage. I miss the joy of receiving them in the mail too. sigh.....
I would be more than happy to send you one. Just PM me your address.