Seriously Bummed

Looks like my laptop is dead. Won't power all the way up. That has put a serious monkey wrench into my online work. I can still do a bit of myLotting and other work from my tablet but it isn't easy. Will continue to be more absent than present here for that reason. Can't waste a lot of time playing games. That's a plus. Hope I can find a way to replace it without breaking the bank.
@sabtraversa (5012)
I fell on my laptop (closed) with my butt and I attempted to switch it on but I failed. The morning after I decided to charge it but no charging light was on. After a while, the miracle! Mr Laptee came back to life! Do you know what happened to your laptop, by the way? I really hope you can find a solution soon.
The lights on the computer come on but the screen stays black. I'm hoping I'll be able to retrieve everything off of it.
@HAPPSINGH (98826)
@sabtraversa It happens sometimes. You are very lucky that the Lapy is working properly. May be the reason you weighs less that saved the lapy lol. What's your weight by the way
@koopharper Did the screen show problems before it turned out to be plain black? My mother's laptop is having that problem lately but she simply presses the power button to switch it off and then on. If the problem is about the screen I really hope you'll be able to add an external monitor, I'm not sure how that can be possible if you can't really see anything. I wonder if getting it fixed is going to be cheaper than buying a new one.
When mine did that I went to qvc.com/
I'll check it out.
@HAPPSINGH (98826)
@sharon6345 You are a smart smart Women
@HAPPSINGH I am not sure about all that LOl thanks
@Shellyann36 (7113)
I have problems with my laptop too. When it gets too hot the screen messes up. Hubby's laptop has to be plugged in all of the time. The battery on his is totally gone. Hope you can figure out a way to get it all taken care of.
Right now I'm trying to content myself with this little tablet.
@koopharper Be thankful that you have the tablet. It's better than nothing. Hope you get it sorted out soon.
@Shellyann36 The tablet is having to do for now. I am getting more adept at using it. Some things have to be done on my wife's laptop and that is very inconvenient. I am grateful. I could be completely cut off.
I agree. We need to use all the resources to have extra cash. That's what I do right now.
That is probably my biggest concern.
@koopharper I am sure you can find a way to solve the dilemma right now.
Oh, that is disappointing to need a new computer.
It is very disappointing. There is so much I need to do online these days.
@koopharper My laptop quit and I decided to replace it with a tablet because sometimes I like to do my mystery shop reports in a coffee shop. This tablet has the same memory as my laptop had, but it does not work as well as the laptop. Or maybe I am just getting used to it. I don't know. I am a bit clueless about computers overall. I maybe cheaped out too much. Any way the things I need to do are okay on it.
@paigea I hope to get some serious writing and online selling done in the future. I'm probably better off with an inexpensive desktop.
Something going wrong with our computer seriously impacts on us too. Hope you're able to get around the problem without too much expense.
For now I've decided to focus on the work I have to do that is not affected by this problem. Eventually it will have to be replaced. A tough one because there is nothing in the budget for that right now.
@koopharper I know the feeling. Although we're not in dire straits now we've been strapped for cash for extras a time or two.
@JudyEv We're scraping by but it is going to be a tough winter.
@HAPPSINGH (98826)
@koopharper It happens so time and uts quite frustrating. It happened with me also on Friday evening when my Wifi was not working properly I was so angry and it pissed me off.
I was pretty upset in the moment but I'm trying to stay cool about it. Nothing is going to really change the issue anyway.
@HAPPSINGH (98826)
@koopharper yeah surely. Stay calm should be the motto
I hope so too.
Thanks.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
My laptop needs $169 in work. I do all of this on my phone, which is broken.
I know I'm not alone with this problem. I'm hoping to pick up a functioning used one somewhere for next to nothing.
@Lucky15 (29900)
• Manila, Philippines
glad that mine is now okay but i am really checking some laptops for the past two weeks
Will be putting the word out for friends to see if they can find me one for cheap but I'm not going to hurry. There are things I can do to work around the problem.
@Morleyhunt (14167)
The majority of my mylotting is done on my iPad. I've tried using my smartphone but my fingers just hit too many letters that I'm not trying to use. Then autocorrect manages to mess up the little I got right. The laptop sees very little day to day use.
My preferred replacement is a desktop. Not expecting to be able to replace it anytime soon though. The things I can't do from tablet will have to get done at the library.
@Raine38 (8755)
Sorry to hear about your laptop. It is indeed very hard to write or do your work on a tablet. Hopefully you get a replacement or get it back to life, whichever will work better for you.
I have a small keyboard with my tablet but there are things I just can't do at all on here and most of the rest is just awkward or inconvenient.
@Platespinner (14619)
That's a shame! We're having to replace things left, right and center around here, but at least my laptop and the family computer are still working just fine.
Washing machine is still the priority but I may get a replacement for free. I'm crossing my fingers that it comes through soon.