An Interesting But Confusing Hindi Horror Flick

@freak369 (4988)
The more I dig, the more I find. That's my general sentiment for Netflix and how I came across the movie Darr @ The Mall. Sad;y I still have no idea what “darr” means. To be totally honest, the name and the artwork on the cover of the box were what suckered me into watching – even after I realized it was not in English and subtitled. If you like “revenge from beyond the grave” movies or books, this might be worth checking out. The plot is simple but the description of it leads you to believe that it's going to be a completely different type of movie. Even so, the plot is amazing but you have to keep in mind that this has an almost two hour run time. Even though the story itself is sad, the movie moves along and progresses at a nice pace. There is violence but nothing that I would consider shocking, even though this is in Hindi, a lot of the time you can just watch it and know what is happening. I have no idea who the stars are or if any of them are super famous but there are tons of links online if you want more info about the cast. I liked the plot and how it had a little bit of a shuffled presentation but nothing like a Tarantino movie. Ultimately the movie is about morals and reaping what you sow. In this case it goes back twenty years; even though the concept of a haunted mall isn't new how it became haunted is. Because this is almost two hours long it takes a while to get to the actual heart of the plot but once you get there its very well explained and ties up most of the loose ends. DARR @ The Mall trailer: Please note. There are more than a few Darr movies so please read the description. Photo Credit: Multi Screen Media and Contiloe Entertainment
"From the Director of Ragni MMS. A MSM Motion Picture and Contiloe Entertainment Production a spine chilling suspense thriller. Director: Pavan Kirpalani Pro...
@nomus24g (24455)
"Darr" means FEAR in Hindi
@freak369 (4988)
Ahh, that makes sense - I tried to look it up online and all I got were movie results
Sounds good. I'd probably watch it.
@freak369 (4988)
It's not bad but I wasn't prepared for it to be in Hindi but after the first five minutes it was fine
so no idea about this movie, how it was
I am not watch this movie till now!!
@shshiju (10571)
• Cochin, India
Indian movies take around 2 hours for its show time. I see the trailer , and its a typical ghost story.