Moving To Canada?

Otis Orchards, Washington
The Canadian immigration website crashed last night after it became apparent Trump was winning the election. It was because of an overload of people trying to get on the site. So, has anyone here on myLot tried to get on the site? Anyone here planning on moving to Canada? Does Canada have to prepare for a huge influx of people from the U.S.? Not long ago I posted something about how the state of Washington was talking about splitting in half. Today I’m glad it didn’t. Nothing to do with who won the presidency, but the fact that the county I live in did not vote in the minimum wage increase but the west side of the state did which carried enough votes to make it a state law. Starting on January 1, 2017 the minimum wage in Washington state will go up to $11 an hour. In 2018 it will be $11.50, 2019 will be $12 and 2020 will be $13.50. Of course there are exemptions to this. Also it requires employers to pay sick leave. As of right now, this will make it the highest minimum wage in the nation. But we don’t know what will happen by 2020. There has been talk of the federal minimum wage going up to $15 an hour. I know there are thousands of people who are not happy with the now President-elect, but how many are happy about some of the things in their local area or state the was voted in?
That is funny that the site crashed. I have done the quiz and if I didn't already live here I don't think I could get in
• Otis Orchards, Washington
This is true with people living in the U.S. Most would fail the test.
@RichardMeister Well, they have to have a skill that is in demand or enough money to start their own business. Just like moving anywhere.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@paigea Sorry, what I meant was most Americans would fail the U.S. test given to immigrates. A local news reporter did a story on what it would take to move to Canada. He mention what you say here plus one would have to pay $550 and may even have to pay both U.S. taxes and Canadian taxes.
I would love to get paid the min wage at these rates. I can't wait to see what changes we have in store for us.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Yes, these are better than the old minimum wage we had which was $9.47 and would have gone up to $9.55 on Jan. 1.
@RichardMeister There might be a lot of cut backs really soon.
@sallypup (29949)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I hope people really get a benefit from a higher wage and don't get dinged with something else going higher like rent or power.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Avista seems to be always announcing increases.
@nomus24g (25446)
I still dont understand...if people aren't happy, then how did he get the maximum votes !!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
It was a very close race with Trump barely winning over Clinton so many people are unhappy.
I have no choice but to accept President Trump as the president of my homeland. Just hope it all works for the best and one day I can return or visit the country I miss. That is all I ask that he sail a smooth ship and doesn't get me all out of joint.