Ya miss me?

@ElicBxn (60016)
I missed me. I worked the election on Tuesday. I got there at 6 a.m. and didn't leave until after 8:30 p.m. On top of that, I hadn't had a good night's sleep in 5 days. Still, I managed to be civil all day. Of course, I had to get up early enough in the morning to unhook the roomie from the dialysis machine - Monday night was her first night at home with it. When I got home, dinner was ready. I ate and then I had to hook her up again. She stayed up to see the election results. I, on the other hand, finally went to bed and actually got a solid night's sleep. I mostly did one job at the polling place, but it was good for me, because I could sit and do it. The other ladies there were from slightly older to slightly younger, but all healthier than I am. Still, I was there... After cleaning the house like made over the weekend to get it ready for the last inspection by the dialysis nurses, we passed. So, the roomie gets to do the treatment at home, at night. The bad news? Went out to try and go to the drug store and my car wouldn't start. Guess I'm calling AAA in the morning...
@Fishmomma (11507)
That was one long day at the polls. I considered working the polls, as the job paid well in my area; however, have a job now, so am earning already. Several of my friends did work there and they said it was tiring and people did not have patience with the long line. I can understand that to take time from the work day to vote and get enough time off can be difficult, if you work more than one job.
@ElicBxn (60016)
very true, really, the only long lines we had were first thing in the morning and never more than about 50 people... I don't think we ever had nobody there, but we seldom had any real waits after 11 a.m.
At least you will have some extra money by helping at the election..
@ElicBxn (60016)
And it was, mostly for the money that I did it. But the guy, who is the husband of a friend from the blind school of the roomie's had been having trouble getting help to run the election. No joke, we worked hard. We had a lot of people, over 600 voted and probably a dozen more who wanted to, but since they were from different counties, they couldn't. Everybody who did live in the county were accommodated one way or another, some we found one way, the others were given provisional ballots. Our last voter came in at five of seven. It paid $10 an hour, plus another $20 to take the training.