To honor those who've sacrificed so much...

photo from pixabay - public domain 'n sadly with no credits given
I really aint one much to share music videos, but came 'cross this'un. What a better time to listen to this woman's beautiful voice (Ms. Pam Miller) 's she sings a beautiful tribute (written by Mr. Doug Holmquist) to the women 'f the world who've gone to battle - both'n years past 'n present. Don't matter which country ya reside'n, we've all faced wars o'er the centuries. Sadly many're still ongoin'. The loss 'f life 't times too much to bear. Hug a veteran today, pay fer one's meal if'n ya can. Jest let 'em know that their sacrifices aint been fergotten. I, fer one, 'm humbled by these folks who've devoted their lives'n hopes that others may live free.
A salute to all of the women in the US Armed Forces. Army, Navy, Air-force, Marines and Coast Guard. Performed by Pam Miller, Produced by: Doug Wayne Holmqui...
@vandana7 (57716)
Brave ones...this is something I need my sweeties to see @just4him and @CoralLevang and @crossbones27 HUGS...LOVE..that is all I can do.. @DaddyEvil, @TheHorse, @akalinus, @moffitjc ...somewhere you can identify with these feelings I suppose... I loved the second one too...I cried .
Soldiers Light is available on Itunes. I am donating all proceeds :) Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/soldiers-light-single/id751621339 Please SUBSCR...
Very nice video. Thanks for sharing it.
@CoralLevang (16131)
Thank you for sharing this. I sent it to my sister who has had two sons in the Army. I found myself crying as well.
@nanette64 (14673)
• Fairfield, Texas
That is a tear-jerker @vandana7 .
I have nothing to say , except that women are sacrificing a lot for the sake of their love ones .
@HAPPSINGH Thank you for understanding us women .
yes ma'am, they've done such fer centuries 'n shall continue to do so. they're often the unsung heroes, which's why i chose to share this song - yet 't holds true fer all who're currently servin' 'n who've selflessly done so'n the past.
We should care about our veterans and the ones that are serving our country right now. They risk their lives for us everyday.
@CoralLevang (16131)
@HAPPSINGH don't forget the Air Force, the Navy, the Marine Corps, and the Coast Guard.
@vandana7 (57716)
@CoralLevang ..We are accustomed to treating all four as one.. Did you know Richnonai..he was also in army and he settled in Thailand? MIKE was also in armed forces, and so was HICCUP.
@CoralLevang (16131)
@vandana7 I have known several over the years, but never by those monikers.
I salute them all, especially the families who expected their dad/mom/brother/sister to come home and be the person they knew only to find that the horrors of war has changed them into people they can not recognize. It's truly heartbreaking as they try to console the lost soul that's come home and can't forget.
i agree, hon. thankfully much 'f my family that've fought'n the wars aint gone through that. i reckon the worst t'was 'n uncle who came home paralyzed from the waist down. he'd a great sense 'f humor, e'en more so when he returned - said he'd been one'f the lucky'uns.
It can be hard to see the emotional stress of those back from combat unless you happen to live in the same house with them @crazyhorseladycx but I've noticed that it takes a toll on the spouse and kids and that's where I've noticed the changes.
@rebelann yer correct, hon.
@CoralLevang (16131)
I should know better than to watch anything on these things because I just bawled my eyes out. I never heard this before. I'm glad that I did, because for those of us who served in the Cold War in a peacetime military, we didn't hear a lot of things like this. And especially women. Had the times been different, and women allowed to do certain things like going to sea... I would have been right there. This touches me like a few others and I want to thank you for sharing it. You see, I joined because I believe that it was important to serve. And I would do it again... And again... And again.
@vandana7 (57716)
Oh sweetie...love ya...hugs...
aw, hugs, hon! i knew i should'a sent'cha a couple 'f hankies. that's why i chose this song to share with folks'n this day 'f honorin' all those who're currently fightin' fer ours 'n other countries, plus those from the past. seems many 'f these tributes're still geared more towards the menfolk, women've always been there 'n should be honored 's well. we (gals) aint no diff'rent from the menfolk - we'll protect what needs protectin', regardless 'f the cost. i wish i could'a joined myself.
@CoralLevang (16131)
@crazyhorseladycx you know that I wrote a Veterans Day rant today because I'm so disheartened by what I'm seeing in these last few days. Not so much the outcome of the election itself, but how people who want all these freedoms to say and do and be what they want to be at the expense of at the expense of the lives of people who would protect it their rights to do so. I think some of the hardest things I've seen recently are people that I know that are veterans that are out there in the streets protesting and it's starting to get ugly. It's not the people that are my age or even a little bit younger who lived with World War II veterans... Or Korean War veterans. We certainly are raising our voices in disagreement with some of what has gone on in politics these last couple of years, but we're not out there taking other's lives nor are we meeting or are we smashing people's cars simply because they're there. I am feeling so saddened by what I'm seeing people who have no understanding of the price of freedom are doing, many of them who have been in uniform. I started seeing some of that when I was teaching the class is on the bases and when I would say thank you for serving, there were people who would answer I didn't do anything for you. The last thing in the world I join for was service, I just did it for free college. What I tried to tell them is that even though they didn't think they had served or maybe that was there not intent, what they actually did was serve this country and its people. But what I'm seeing now, is a fellow age group with the same attitude, but perhaps a little bit less ill-mannered. And I cry for this country and what I would have been willing to do for them to protect them because they wouldn't do the same for me. I just can't seem to get over this overwhelming black cloud that's not coming from one party or another, but it's coming from the people that now are the largest in numbers of any other group. And, that is not to say that all Millennials are like that, because I know so many who are not. But it's becoming so pervasive and I'm just saddened.
good song for today for sure, and one I wasnt aware of, thanks!
@vandana7 (57716)
Yeah...very nice song.
yer welcome, i thought 't t'was most touchin'.
We should never forget all the men and women who fight to protect our freedom. This is a day to remember.
so true, ms. anna. 'd be nice fer folks to think more 'bout 'em daily. not jest our military but all who put their lives'n the line fer the sake 'f others.
@crazyhorseladycx I agree, we barely remember them once a year.
@nanette64 (14673)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh my gosh, I'm bawling my eyes out @crazyhorseladycx . What an outstanding song and singer.
i'd ne'er heard 'f this gal 'til i ran 'cross this song. made me bawl, too, which's why i shared 't here. i'd love to hug that fella's neck who penned this.
That was beautiful!
yes ma'am, that't be.
@Lucky15 (33759)
it made me think, do i know a veteran that lives around here, i never know one, maybe i should be doing more research :)
i'm sure there's some there, hon. 't'd be nice to make that connection 'n let 'em know that'cha 'ppreciate what they did to help others.
A wonderful day to celebrate those who fought for freedom. Thank you for this link. A well-deserved tribute it is.
yes ma'am, that'd be. yer welcome, i thought t'was well written'n sung. seems that oft folks fergot 'bout all the women who've also laid their lives'n the line durin' wars, since the beginnin' 'f time.
@Fishmomma (11538)
Many of my family members have served including my husband. Very important day. Have a great day.
mine's well, hon. my dad, 5 uncles, 2 great-aunts, father-in-law, step-dad, nephew 'n more throughout the years. thankfully they all made't home. i'm glad there's 't least one day where those folks're recognized fer their bravery'n service to others. 'tis a shame 'tis only one day. thanks, hon 'n i hope y'all've the same. be sure'n thank yer hubs fer me, k?
@acelawrites (10749)
It is but right to honor them for their sacrifices.
yes ma'am, truly is.
@KnehKnah (3529)
Thank you for writing about our Soldiers, my dearest Manay. I wish I could have honored a War Veteran too. Sad to say, there aint much of them, still alive, in our place. I offered them prayers of thanksgiving instead. This video. It made me cry.
yer welcome, hon. so many did so much fer the rest 'n sadly such don't seem to mean much to folks these days. i've'd the privilege 'f knowin' many 'f those who served, lots'n my own family who're no longer with's. thanks fer offerin' 'em prayers, 'n rememberin' those who've passed. big hugs ~ keepin' ya'n my heart
Just beautiful! Let us all remember and keep remembering all that have served and are serving to protect our freedoms. A couple months ago I met a teacher's former student from our elementary school - she is still very, very young but has volunteered to go overseas in coming months - she says this is what she has been training for and she is ready for it.
yes ma'am, lets recall this daily, not jest'n holidays. so many've given so much to defend/protect the rights'f others fer centuries. i admire that young'un 'n hope that she suffers none from goin' o'er there. most tryin' times with so much unrest globally. big hugs!
@crazyhorseladycx Exactly - not just this one day outta the year - let us never take for granted what they do for us all year 'round. Oh, I hope that girl stays a-ok out there as well - but she was so confident and willing about it all - I sure hope she stays safe . . .
• Portland, Connecticut
I don't come from a military family, though my son did serve in the navy but I am very appreciative of those who have and do.
there's lots'f folks'n my family who've served o'er the years. i've seen the hardships the wives 'n young'uns endured whilst the menfolk were 'way. aint 's 'easy' 's such seems to be these days. i admire anybody who's the dedication to protect others, e'en perfect strangers'n foreign lands. such a high price's been paid since the beginnin' 'f time...
@bunnybon7 (33967)
• Holiday, Florida
beautiful. made me cry but in a good way
me, too, hon ~ big hugs!
My late husband had many veterans he was related to.. Grandfather, cousins, uncles etc.
i've a bunch myself, though oddly no womenfolk i know'f. sadly only 2 remain here'n earth with's.
@PainsOnSlate (19668)
Thanks for that share, it made me cry.
yer welcome, hon. t'was beautiful, made me cry 's well. big hugs!
@stbrians (11835)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Music soothes the mind
yes, 't does. when the words're well written 'n sang with great emotion, such jest moves one.