God bless our veterans!

Today in the USA is Veterans Day. Some people confuse it with Memorial Day (in May), but that honors and remembers all who died in service to our country. Veterans Day honors all who have served in our military Armed Forces. My husband served four years in the Navy. If you know someone who did their duty to protect our freedoms, tell them "Thanks!"
A very important day to fly that flag outside our homes and give thanks to all in our military. Will visit Dad, a WWII naval aviator, and all the veterans who live in the facility that provides care for them all.
@corbin5 What is a naval aviator? It sounds contradictory as naval is water and aviator the sky, Tell him thank you for his service for me. It is nice that you visited your dad.
@Marty1 He was in the Navy, but was in the air division and never was on a ship!
The vets needs to be taken care of. They have lots of issues needing help.
@louievill (15777)
God bless them for being guardians of our ideals that we people of the free world enjoy and cherish
I am very grateful to all of the Veteran's for protecting us. =)
@1creekgirl I don't get it confused with Memorial Day because it was my sister's wedding day She celebrated the 21st year this year. She couldn't get the Chruch any other time until the next May Tell your husband thank you for his service. I didn't talk to any veterans yesterday I only talked to my sister.
@epiffanie (8351)
It's ANZAC Day here ..
some folks jest think 'tis paid time off'n a right to party :( i called my father-in-law this morn, 's well's my son-in-law to thank 'em. sadly all else i know who've served 've passed.
@FayeHazel (9306)
My thanks to your husband and all of our service men and women
Been doing this all morning
• Peoria, Arizona
In other countries (I know of France but perhaps others) It is actually a memorial day for them. But no matter what, active, served, or those that have passed all deserve to be honored.
@HazySue (15791)
I join you in thanking all of our Veterans. My youngest daughter was in Iraq twice and Afghanistan once.
I know you're very proud of her. I pray she came home safely.
@HazySue (15791)
@1creekgirl she did. As a matter of fact she met her husband over there in Afghanistan. He came back to the US within a month of her. He only lived 45 minutes away from us. I told her that it was strange that she had to go all the way there to meet someone who lived here.
@LoriAMoore (8617)
Amen, sister. My dad served 7 years in the Air Force.
I grew up with my father in the Coast Guard. Did you have to move a lot during those seven years?