Favorite Television Police Show # 1

@Dena91 (4176)
Coming in as my number one favorite television police show is the original Hawaii Five-O which ran from 1968-1980. I haven't watched the newer show as I find Hollywood usually doesn't make it any better the second time around. The original starred Jack Lord as Captain Steve McGarrett. The show got it's name because it was filmed in Hawaii and it was the 50th state added so they called it Hawaii Five-O. McGarrett went after spies around the world and his cases dealt with national security which was a twist to most police shows of the time which dealt more with communities and the crimes committed there. One thing that is iconic about the show, besides "book 'em Danno" , is the theme song. I included a link below of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9xfNn09eQ
@gudheart (12758)
Never seen the old version, but saw clips of the newer one. Not really watched much to really get into it.
I like them both. I didn't know the Five-O was for the fiftieth state. Very interesting.