The contents of that green bottle could be causing that migraine

As many people who know me I am a stickler for being in my best health, which mind you is a challenge; however having the proper mind set about Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry and common sense really does help one achieve what others might try and take away from us. Our food is inundated with chemicals while being grown, our water is contaminated with run off from prescription drugs thrown out without thought and our air is so heavily polluted with transportation fumes, it is no wonder many of us are affected by illness of all sorts. However there is one thing that I have been doing now for almost 5 years: Drinking a glass of warm water that has the juice of a REAL yellow lemon off a tree in it to flush everything out from the day before to start a new day. But some people prefer buying that green plastic or glass bottle of reconstituted lemon Juice that does have real lemon juice in it but also a nasty chemical called META-Bi-SULFATE ! I have read and experienced the effects myself, a nasty frontal and temporal migraine shooting pain from all sides right into the eyes that is directly related to how that chemical works on the brain. So to be the better you will you use REAL LEMONS from trees or the green bottled lemon juice for your start of a great day and the rest of your life thereafter ?
@FayeHazel (11737)
Ah lemon water is nice. I like to get an actual lemon, leave 1/2 a lemon in a glass jar of water in my fridge...
With or without the lemon rind @FayeHazel ?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@enlightenedpsych2 Is the rind helpful?
@TheHorse it is bitter so I remove it if I am going to put real lemon slices or halved into a glass of water over night in the fridge
@akalinus (12445)
I don't happen to have a lovely lemon tree around me anywhere. If I see some on sale, I will try it. Thanks!
@akalinus the point of my post was NOT to try it, not to use it because of what is in it, unless you are talking about real lemons on sale . . . ?
• Pleasant Hill, California
You mean real lemons, right?
@akalinus (12445)
@enlightenedpsych2 Well yeah! what did you think I meant? Real produce is dear.
I eat almond's. Works every time.
What do the almonds do for you Scott @teamfreak16 ?
@enlightenedpsych2 - They bring down the effects of the migraine.
@teamfreak16 oh because of the higher mono-unsaturated fat, okay I get that but what do you do to avoid migraines altogether ?
I am lucky, one of our neighbors has two big lemon trees inside a greenhouse and I can get fresh lemons from her, just picked from the tree.
Now that is both convenient and delicious, think of all the great things you can do with fresh lemons !
@enlightenedpsych2 I drink warm water with lemon since I was a teenager. I like to squeeze a bit of lemon also in the sparkling water I drink during the day. I never drink sodas.
@LadyDuck no wonder you are so smart and relatively healthy as I !!!
It makes sense to use fresh lemons whenever we can.
Sure it does as long as those lemons are not too pricey for a bag of 12 . . . @jaboUK how much does a bag of 12 go for by you ? Here at ALDI (a GREAT grocery chain) it is roughly under 4 dollars
@enlightenedpsych2 I'm not sure how much they are, but they aren't too expensive.
Thanks for the thumbs up. I'm just off to check my green plastic bottle - not that I don't believe you!
I know you believe me but it is good to know for yourself, I get that
• Pleasant Hill, California
I much prefer real lemons to that green bottle stuff. But more details, please! How does meta-bi-sulfate affect the brain? And why does it affect the frontal and temporal lobes but not the parietal and occipital?
I can honestly say I've never had a migraine from lemon juice. I don't drink it very often in anything, but I have used it. It's good to know though. I have real lemons in my fridge. My migraines are usually chocolate derived, so when I wake with one tomorrow I'll know where it came from since I just finished off a slice of chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
Was the chocolate cake store bought @just4him ?
Just a lemon juice that is sold as a reconstituted version and containing the Meta-bi-sulfite that causes a headache for some people, Val
@enlightenpsych2 I think I have some of that lemon juice, I have not used very much of it as I have been drinking bottled water! I might just use it till it is done, so I don't waste it but not very often! But somebody (my social worker) took me to Aldi's and said she drinks it and she told me what she eats for lunch and it is very healthy! I am going to write this chemical down and check if it has it. You only put in a few drops to a bottle of water!
It does NOT matter how few drops of that bottled lemon juice you use, the preservative Metabisulfate is dangerous especially when you get frequent headaches @Marty1
I have a lemon tree :)
@Fishmomma (11617)
I have a Lemon Tree in my back yard, so can pick one most of the year. I'm using lemons more because of the tree and really like lemon in water, French Toast with lemon in the batter, Lemon Cookies and Lemon Cake are a few things I'm now making for my family.
fresh 'tis always best, regardless :) i drink a glass'f that't night actually. i buy lemons when they're'n sale 'n freeze 'em 'fter scrubbin'/zestin' 'em. don't reckon i'd heard 'f migraines bein' caused by such?