2 years ago

Aside from the somber meaning behind November 11th, the date is also significant one for me. As I stumbled out of bed(something I am grateful for), I realized that 2 years ago, at that time of day, I was sedated and having emergency spinal surgery. The 2 days leading up to that moment were filled with pain, emergency room visits and wondering what the heck was happening to me. Sadly, I cannot look back at a lot of my musings from that time, as they were posted on bubblews and I didn't rescue them before their demise. Thankfully I have made a decent recovery, though I am not 100%. As well, I had family and friends that lent a helping hand with my kids. At this time, I don't know what the future holds, as things may go downhill again. But I am encouraged at how far I have come.
@Platespinner (16492)
Has it been that long already? Time sure is flying by! I pray that you don't ever regress!
Yes, 2 years already! I am hoping I don't have to go through that again, but only time will tell.
So glad to hear from you again. PLease stay well.
Thanks. The kids have been keeping me busy.
I am glad things are going relatively well.
Thanks. I was lucky to get surgery relatively quickly. I have heard stories of people getting put off and not getting surgery for weeks or months.
@Morethanamom I am glad the surgery was quick. Mostly I hear of people waiting for surgery when it isn't so urgent. My friend waited a year for knee surgery. I hope someone wouldn't be waiting for something like what you had.
@paigea with my particular surgery, having it done quickly to reduce the amount of permanent nerve damage is essential. Unfortunately, I still hear of it being delayed for sometimes months and it greatly effects quality of life.
What did you find was the cause of your illness? That is sad you lost all your posts on bubblews. That happened to me years ago on gather and I was heart broken.
A bulging disc in my back was compressing nerves. Its called Cauda Equina Syndrome.
@Morethanamom My sister has two bulging discs in her back from the terrible labor she had to go through with her 4th child.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
So much has happened in those two years. You have dealt well with the hand you were given that day.
I certainly am trying. It isn't always easy, but life hardly is.
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
A recollection of the past.
@AutumnSnow (4584)
I wish you the best. We all soon will be facing a new year and Im hoping for a much brighter one filled with hope and I wish the same for you as well.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I remember that time period, I am so glad you have come so far. I did not save anything from that site either, wish I had.