What Does 2016 Have Against the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

@FourWalls (13785)
This has been an unprecedented year for loss in music. We can lose two or three hall of famers in a year, but TEN? On the heels of the loss of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer/songwriter Leonard Cohen comes the news this morning (11/13) that Leon Russell died early this morning in his sleep at his home in Nashville. Leon Russell was a one-of-a-kind performer, a highly in-demand session musician and songwriter (he wrote one of George Benson's biggest hits, "This Masquerade") as well as performer on his own. His list of classic songs ranged from the love balled "A Song For You" to the rocking "Delta Lady," which he wrote about Rita Coolidge. Russell was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011. He continued to be relevant, recording and touring with Elton John in 2010. Farewell to Leon Russell, who was 74. Here's his great song "Delta Lady":
In this episode from 1970, Emily bakes a cake! Meanwhile, Tulsa meets Hollywood. Hollywood is never the same again! Okies rock the house and mayhem ensues.
Luckily the year is drawing to a close but yes, 10 is a lot to lose in a year.
@Bluedoll (17069)
I would say it has nothin against r&r just time doing its business. But you got wondering what is coming next and to find out had to go searching which told me something right there! We can't get stuck in the past. So went looking and found a first time listen, hello there, David Gray's enter lightly. Not too bad.
We sure are losing a lot of great ones. Was bummed to hear of Leonard Cohen earlier this week and now Leon Russell. Nice way to go though. In your sleep. That's how I want to go when the time comes.
Geez. I had to play "Lady Blue" just now for my girlfriend. Did not know he wrote "This Masquerade. R.I.P.
thank you.Leon is the best there.Nice to hear the video I do remember Delta Lady
Thank you for the link. Will enjoy listening to this again.