Cleaning Out My Closet

Since I overloaded and broke my clothes rack - Ihave made it my mission to downsize clothes. Specifically shirts/blouses/hoodies. Its hard though! I dont know about you all, but I own about 40 shirts yet I only like to wear about a quarter of those . Lol! I got rid of 7 shirts that I havent worn in at least a year, and am giving 2 work polos to a coworker who wanted them that I havent worn in 2 years. Two years! Putting that into words sounds ridiculous. How often do you clean out your closet? Do you have any "rules" for yourself - ie - if you dont wear something in a certain amount of time do you get rid of it? Do share!
I very rarely throw anything out. I have clothes of all sizes in my closet hoping some day I will fit into the smaller ones. lol
Haha! I am the same way. I got rid of 4 or 5 that were just too small.
@maezee I still have faith. I am not ready to give up yet! lol
I am about to do a huge cleaning too. So, I can decorate for Christmas.
Nice. Good luck!!
I try not to overload my closet. Good thing that you are giving the clothes that you don't wear anymore to somebody that will wear them.
Yeah! I like donating too but this will be good to know nobody is profiting off of them
My husband and I both are retired, and my husband mentioned yesterday that he is not sure why he is keeping all his suits and ties he wore to work since he really only needs two suits if an event requiring one or the other occurs. I have my teaching clothes still in my closets, but they are never worn. So, off to the charity shops they need to go. We have eliminated some clothing from our closets, but need to do so again.