Favorite American Muscle Cars # 5

@Dena91 (4785)
A new week a new countdown from me. My Dad was an antique car enthusiast. He became involved in car shows when my brother and I were young. We would spend many weekends with him going and looking. While he marveled at the model T fords, my brother and I got hooked on the muscle cars. We would stare at them wide eyed and wanting them when we were old enough to drive. My number 5 favorite muscle car is the 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle. Chevy made this model from 1964 through 1978. My step father would own one, a 1969 model, which was totaled by a drunk driver one evening. No one was in the car, it was parked on the street. This wouldn't be the only car that we owned that would be totaled by a drunk.
My husband also loved old cars, he has sold his 36 year Datsun 280ZX sport car three months ago. Here in Europe it is too expensive to keep old cars, with all those anti pollution regulations you spend a fortune.
Oh Anna. Your poor husband. I bet it was a great wrench for him to part with it.
@JudyEv Yes Judy he was really sad, but he is happy because he sold the car to a guy who run a garage and he is going to make a lot of work and use the car for local races. At least he can go visit him time by time and look at his car.
@LadyDuck It's good that the car isn't just disappearing out of your lives. Vince was very impressed and said it was a great model.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
I love the muscle cars too @Dena91 . My favorite of course was the '57 Chevy. Every year we have the car show in our town and it makes my mouth drool. My Dad was a stock car driver or years, so as the oldest kid, I got to work on cars.
how cool of your dad, not just because he was a racer, but it didn't matter that you were a girl.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
@hereandthere LOL, yeah, Dad's plan was to have a football team and he wound up with a girl's Volleyball Team instead. Besides teaching me how to work on cars; at 11, I learned to ride a motorcycle, swim across the Missouri River and helped build a house.
@nanette64 i think when you're raised that way, you develop a mindset that you can learn/do/face/solve anything that interests you or out of necessity.
I bet your step-father was devastated to have his car totalled in this way. What a terrible shame.
@Dena91 (4785)
He was. My Dad lost a car to a drunk driver as well when we still lived in Philadelphia. He had just brought it home from the shop having a new paint job done to it. He parked it on the road, came in, was heading to the garage to open the door (before garage door openers were popular) to open it up and a drunk came flying down the road, took out 5 cars a chain link fence and finally stopped when he hit a brick wall. I will never forget the looks on both of their faces when this happened.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is a very interesting looking car. I used to see this kind of car sometimes at car shows. I love the paint on the car in the picture!
@Dena91 (4785)
It is a pretty color. Most of them were standard black. My step dad's was a hunter green. Have a blessed day
• Peoria, Arizona
@Dena91 I remember one was a yellow with black stripes and the other the person had it black with green stripes haha
Do not remember that one "1967 Chevrolet Chevelle"
I wish I was rich to collect muscle cars or just own one. Those engines truly had muscle.
@louievill (20027)
This is awsome, at first glance I thought it was a Camaro, anyway I'm not very good with vintage automobiles