I loved yesterday, it was the best day in a long time!

There are many reasons why I said that and I'll tell you some of them: * We had the closing on our land in the morning, so a big huge boulder has been lifted from my shoulders! * I had a doc appointment with the kidney specialist in the early afternoon and he was very happy that my kidney function number has risen from 42 to 55. It's still low, but at least it is going up instead of down. * He agreed I can go from visiting him every six months to once a year. * We had lunch at our favorite place in Cleveland, City Cafe, where they give you too much food. * Brought home half of our lunch and had it for dinner along with a bowl of homemade lima bean soup. No muss, no fuss! * I slept pretty good, first time in a while! Photo is mine, I should have taken it before my husband dove into his food!
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
Good morning Abby Are you moving. I have been gone for some months now just had to refresh. I hope all is going well with you. Things are wonderful on my end.
I was wondering where you were! No, not moving, it was land, 20 acres, that we have been trying to sell for a long time! Were you having fun traveling while you were missing?
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@AbbyGreenhill Yes had loads of fun traveling, took my 2nd trip to Oregon in Sept. did lots of camping and fishing and going to Arizona in Dec with my two sisters to see our aunt. That's awesome you sold that acreage
@fishtiger58 Glad you had a good time, sometimes when folks disappear from here for a while it's not for a good thing.
I had a pretty good day too. I went to see my dentist for the annual check up and everything is perfect, no money to spend. The rest of the week should be pretty quiet and I should have more time to be around.
My next dentist app't isn't until the end of January - unless I have a gum issue between now and then...good for your good checkup!
@AbbyGreenhill At mid-December I have the cleaning, but this is nothing, is part of the routine.
@LadyDuck I don't have normal cleanings - every 3 months I go for gum cleaning - he literally digs under my gums to the root of the teeth...by the time he's done the hygienist basically just polishes my teeth. This is a very expensive ordeal and my ins. co. only pays for two cleanings a year...so the dentist does me a favor, whatever the ins. pays he accepts and doesn't charge me any other money.
Yay!!! All is going well for you That sandwich looks delicious and loaded
Seven bucks for a pile of 'prime rib' he had fries, I had a salad. They give huge portions, they are known for that.
@AbbyGreenhill Whoa pretty good deal & its tasty too =)
@infatuatedbby This is a small chain, I think only 3 and I've written to their home office asking to build one near us LOL...needless to say I've never heard back.
So many reasons for a good day! That's great - and small wonder that you slept better.
LOL, unfortunately last night the good sleep was not to be.
@AbbyGreenhill That's a shame. It seems hard to get a good sleep as you get older.
Looks good. Glad your kidney function is going up. No muss or fuss is always nice.
He said they like to see the number around 60 but there really is not medications to give to get it to go up.
@AbbyGreenhill .....Sounds like you are getting there though.
The sandwich looks really yummy.
It looked better in person LOL, it was very good...just sliced prime rib and lettuce.
• Preston, England
sounds a great day - hope many more like it follow
Thanks, The kidney issue has been playing on my nerves.
@TheSojourner (17304)
Congratulations to you on all of the wonderful things that happened to you yesterday!
Thanks, I used all my good luck for the year in one day.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Well, that is great. I am glad it all worked out for you two.
Thanks, a load off my mind LOL
@PurnaSharma (2167)
Glad to hear that everythinga are going good and hope the coming days go as on.
Thank you so much! I appreciate that.
Good morning,Abby You had a good night sleep.Good.Right now have to go every month to have this and my liver check out. Since using my new medication.
They didn't give me any new meds, as a matter of fact he told me to cut down on the Vit. D I'm taking.
@HazySue (23123)
It sounds like you had a day full of good news. I am really happy to hear that your kidney function numbers have gone up. That sandwich looks good.
The number going up is a very good thing. Going down would mean eventually dialysis.
@HazySue (23123)
@AbbyGreenhill they are headed in the right direction.
@HazySue Yes, and neither doc knows why.
@RitzzView (2758)
Good to know that many things went good for you... Glad that it was the best time
Thanks, I like happy day!
@RitzzView (2758)
@AbbyGreenhill you do deserve happy days Abby!
@thelme55 (15059)
That sounds great what your doctor said. That's a good news.
Thanks, yes, very good news from doc.
@stbrians (15893)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Good sleep makes a healthy mind D
Yes it does and I'm not a good sleeper normally.
@Jackalyn (6857)
• Oxford, England
That sounds a pretty good day to me. It is nice when a day is full of positves.
It sure is and since I was away from FB it was even better.
Happy for you!
Thanks, lots of things to be happy about.
So happy that you had a great day. We all need those golden days! I always forget to take the picture first!
I usually take photos first since I use them on my articles I write for a friend's food blog..but I was soooo hungry!
• Peoria, Arizona
What away to start the week! Heck yeah! Sounds like an amazing day to remember! I hope the rest of your week goes just as smoothly!
Thanks, I hope so too!!!
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
So good to have such news from your doctor. Yes, you are going in the right direction, so once a year-wow, that will fly by, won't it?