I am afraid, my heart became a lot weaker according to test results

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Yesterday I had my Uncle take me to get an echocardiogram. (An echocardiogram is like a pregnant woman's ultrasound of her fetus. Instead, my heart had a sonogram. It is done with a wand like a thing like the unltrasound is done with, they just go over your heart) My healthcare is all done under one system, and I get all results in an email that encoded by a password and I got the results of my echocardiogram. Not good. It seems that a name of something I can never remember the name of but it means how strong my heart beat is and should be in the 50 percents. Instead, the echocardiogram before Monday's was 50 percent Then yesterday's my heart has been getting weaker, and I had 35 percent yesterday. The nurse called me at about 9:30 am and said some medicine is being called into CVS for me. It is either two or three medicine. One is for high blood pressure. The numbers have been in the 150's over 98 -100 so I recognized one of the medicines the nurse told me that I have to take as for high blood pressuure. The other I recognized is for heart weakness. I never told a soul I have been exhausted and dizzy most of the time the last few months. I have almost passed out a few times on my walks of 8 blocks to the library and eight blocks home. Now I am depressed again. I am afraid out of my mind.
Sorry to hear that. I have been having issues with my BP and heart too. You will feel much better once you get the right medication! All the best to you!
@happy2beme Thank you for your encouragement. I am hoping I start to feel better, but the problem is I have to eat breakfast now each morning and dinner as one has to be taken with my morning meal and night meal. I don't always remember to eat in the morning. I wish you the best with your Blood Pressure. I hope yours goes down without meds and stays normal.
@Marty1 I am already on two different meds for my BP. It is starting to go down but still on the high side. I have to see the cadiologist again in two weeks. I hope you can remember to start eating so that you can get well.
@Happy2BeMe I wish you well going to the cardiologist. I go to see mine again January 13.I think high blood pressure runs in the family as both my parents had it and took medicine for it.
If your bp is 150/ that's very serious. I remember when mine went up to 198/ and the doc put me on meds asap. On meds I'm 118 or so. But you are saying your heart rate is low?
@Abbygreenhill The low number is the strength of my heart it should be in the 50's, and mine was 35 percent. I already had the high blood pressure pill I now take one a day, and I have to start the heart-strengthening one with dinner because it needs to be taken with my morning and evening meal. I am really hoping with this medicine I can walk to the library more and I was blaming my fatigue on my other psychiatric medicines now that I have results back I remember when I was even lower than 35 it was 15 percent I was SO, SO tired all I did was sleep in the hospital. That must be it It has been building up for the last 5 to 6 months I have been tired.
@Marty1 If your heart isn't working up to par tired is a side-effect.
@AbbyGreenhill I just remembered I was so tired. I thought it was my other meds from my psychiatrist. I am so much relieved I know what is wrong with me and I AM going to get better. I have the best cardiologist in the world! I also wasn't expecting anything to be wrong with my heart. That is why I blamed my fatigue on those other meds.
Well, you have to realize that you are in good hands and the new medications prescribed will help remedy the problem. If it does away with the fatigue and the dizziness, then that is a good thing.
@corbin5 You are so wise. I am in good hands as I have one of the best cardiologists in my health system. I am waiting for Bob to bring the medicine he was going to go around noon. I am hoping the medicine is going to help because I would like to go to the library more often. I would also like to just take walks and not feel like I am going to pass out! Think Bob's here will write you PM later!
@Marty1 Oh good. Yes, those who have to take those meds do very well, my friend. Anyone would be startled at first to hear the results, but the pros will make sure you are safe and get you feeling better too.
@ms1864 (6968)
• Bangalore, India
Sorry to hear that. ]Hope the meds are temporary?
@ms1864 I don't know how long I will be on the meds. I was really sick with my 35 percent number being 15 percent when I was hospitalized, and I went off the meds because my heart became so strong that we didn't expect it. In fact, I saw the cardiologist Nov 4 to, and he said we probably wouldn't be seeing each other a lot from the results of my last echocardiogram. I think this is a surprise to all of us.
Do not feel depressed, the medicine will help your blood pressure to go down, the others will help your heart beat to increase. I am so sorry that you do not feel well, I wish you to be better soon.
@ladyduck Thank you so much. I had the blood pressure med about 45 minutes ago, but I don't think it works for awhile. But I now have to eat breakfast and dinner every day as the heart-strengthening med has to be taken with meals for breakfast and dinner. I just want to be able to go to the library by walking more often. But I only go once a week or every two weeks; I am also supposed to take a half hour walk a day from orders of my therapist, but I have not had the energy every day. I did walk to the store for printer ink Sunday!
@Marty1 You need to walk this is the best way to help your heart. Do not stay sit more than half a hour. Get up time by time and move a bit inside the house. Staying sit all the time is very bad for our body.
@LadyDuck I never sit for long as I do a lot of getting up and going to do different things or just to move. I am walking t get my hair done 18 blocks which I have never done before and I am gooing to start going to the library more, and that is a 16 block walk. These aren't calculations of one way 16 and 18 blocks are the whole trips there and back.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Do you have an appointment with a cardiologist? If so, ask him/her all of your questions and concerns. Maybe it's not as bad as you may think. I pray that it all works out okay and please keep us updated.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Marty1 I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better and are having more energy! Sometimes medications can make all the difference.
@simone10 Thank you! I had not realized how plain exhausted I used to be! I feel super now!
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Marty1 That's wonderful!
Prayers going out to you and, I would make sure to drink a Gatorade and, eat something, before a walk like that.
@trbrocks420 I never thought of Gatorade might have to pick some up Thursday when I walk again. I keep forgetting to eat breakfast so was walking without food. BUT now one of the two medicines I take needs to take two times a day on \e with breakfast and one with dinner, so I am sort of forced to remember to eat.
@Marty1 Please do eat properly ...ask your health care giver about your diet.
@responsiveme I decided I am going to make up a menu and have it for about two weeks and use that as a guide. I have been eating for breakfast and dinner to take those heart meds. I looked one up, and it said it works best when you take it with food. I have an incentive now to eat both meals because I want to feel better!
The meds should help you feel better and regulate your blood pressure. It helped me. Be thankful they caught it in time. There is no need to worry. Huge hugs for you! And don't keep any health issues a secret from now on, please.
@dianneN Thanks for the hugs they felt good. I didn't tell my sister because she is a worry wort over me. She was majorly hyper when the lights went out for a few seconds on Tuesday and I got cut off a phone call then the internet didn't work for a few minutes. I got a frantic call back what happened! I was afraid what might happen if I told her I thought my heart was bad. I promise not to keep my health a secret anymore.
@Marty1 Your sister loves you and cares enough to worry. Let her know everything!
@DianneN I did tell her, but I got my reason wrong, I told her how I passed out, but I thought it was because I forgot to eat three days. It ends up it was my blood pressure that caused me to faint. I have to eat now because I need the heart med with breakfast and Dinner. I let her come into my psychiatrist's appointment with me, so I do let her know everything!
That is scary. I would be upset too.
@NJCHicaa It is scary, but I have the medicine now, so I am hoping for the best. I took a blood pressure pill, and I will eat tonight so I can take the heart-strengthening pill with food as it is supposed to be taken.
@Marty1 good luck with the medicine!
I wish you be better soon..I guess you are under proper treatment and medication..Things will be normal soon..:)
@vaishu0106 Yes, I am under a doctor's care and am taking two medicines. I already feel stronger! Before I started the medicine I was absolutely exhausted, now I seem to have my pep back!
@Marty1 I am glad to know this :)
@RitzzView (2576)
Don't be afraid. I can see that you are strong enough to take it. Of you have managed to be with it without even letting anyone know that you're suffering, then it definitely means that you are strong. Keep the good spirits @Marty1... you'll make through it. Trust this! Do take care of yourself!
@Ritzzview Thank you so much for the encouragement. I took a pill wth dinner last night, and I am not as tired today, and I went to bed later than normal and got up at almost 4 am!
@RitzzView (2576)
@Marty1 So... You must have for less sleep
@PatZAnthony (11728)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It might not be depression, but a rational fear of what happens next. Be sure to follow medical instructions and take care or yourself!
@patzanthony have been being treated for depression for almost 35 years. I have to take the antidepressants. But I am getting my strength back as I can walk further away, I walked 18 blocks to get my hair done yesterday then came home and decided to go to the basement and do laundry and took a few decorations to the attic.Going to bring the rest down when it gets light today. Too dark last night! I am feeling great!
@thelme55 (11550)
So sorry to hear about that but don't get depressive as it will add to your health problem. With the right medication, you will be ok.
@thelme55 I already had depression before the news of my hear,t so I am feeling better because I have been taking the strengthening meds and I am sleeping less as I was tired from the heart I think!
@responsiveme (14383)
Don't be. Because the medicines nowadays work wonders but you need to know what type of exercise/ walks you need or not need to too. Don't worry at all.
@RESPONSIVEME Yes, I emailed my doctor, and I can walk just go at a medium pace and stop for a rest every four blocks! My sister had the same question as you
Hopefully they can get you on the right medication and you get to feeling better soon.
@Tampa_girl7 I have the right medication as I am feeling better already! I am not as tired anymore!
I can imagine it must be very scary to get news like this but hopefully the medicine will make you stronger and the feelings of exhaustion and being dizzy will be gone. Hope you're feeling better soon
Marilynda1225 Thank you; I am actually less tired today, and I missed 9 pm bedtime and went 9:30 pm and was up by 3:42 am and not tired! I had one of the strengthening meds in me overnight.I actually made breakfast this morning t take that med which has to be taken with breakfast and dinner! I had taken the medicine last time when my heart was way weaker and this medicine is very good and helps a lot!
I am sorry you are so worried. Be sure to talk to someone about how anxious you are. Hopefully the tablets will get your health sorted out again.
@judyev Usually I see a therapist every week. But she is going away and I will see her again weekly on December 5. and I MIGHT start psychiatric rehabilitation in December if not December then January for SURE I am excited about that! I think there is a class about coping skills and then Friday at the end of the day they do something fun like play Bingo but no numbers the cards have Coping skills on them. They do that with game shows from TV too! eveybody loves Friday there the lady told me.
@acelawrites (10659)
Walking 8 blocks can really be a burden for the heart. I can't walk that far too because of my achy legs. Just follow the medication.
@acelawrites I didn't have the number of the doctor but emailed them and just got an email back a half hour ago, I can walk, but iI have to stop every four blocks for a break. I can always stop in CVS and sit in the pharmacy for a little while! I am supposed to be getting more independent, so I have to walk to the library, and it just happens to be eight blocks both ways. I just took one of the meds with dinner and actually had dinner! I am feeling happy with myself for remembering!
@hereandthere (23224)
i don't think i can walk 8 blocks and it's scary that you've almost passed out. did you mention the exhaustion and dizziness when you saw the cardiologist last nov 4th?
@hereandthere I didn't think it has anything to do with the heart this test was just a checkup my doctor didn't think there was anything going to happen. He said we probably wouldn't see each other often after the next appointment I made that first appointment after a few years without going because last time my heart was so strong. apparently we were both wrong.
@tammys85 (8344)
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything will be okay. I'd tell you to try not to worry but I know from experience that it's easier said than done, so I'll just send you a hug instead. And like someone else said, you'll feel better once you have the proper medication!