Meeting a Fellow Psoriasis Patient

@pahak627 (4244)
I met a psoriasis patient almost a year ago and we became acquaintance only by face. Then whenever I go to the mall where the optical clinic where he works is located, I always see him in long sleeves or jacket because of his psoriasis. Yesterday somebody who wore short sleeves polo came to me and said hello to me and asked how I was, I did not recognize him at first but when I already remember who he was, we talked about our conditions. We both have clearer skin now. We exchanged information about what we have done to our respective skin. I was glad that he was already free from long sleeves and jackets and he is now confident. Our condition is hard to accept at first but now I already accepted it that it is really in me and will be with me for the rest of my life.
It is good that your skins have cleared up a bit. I don't know much about psoriasis. Some conditions are a life sentence, aren't they?
@pahak627 (4244)
You're right it's a sort of a life sentence since it is incurable but it can be managed. Though, I am clear a bit but the hidden areas of my body are full of lesions. It is because one of the ways of managing our condition is to expose to sunlight but not between 9am to 4pm.
@pahak627 That would make it quite hard. Is it still warm enough before 9 and after 4 to go out in the sun? I would have thought so but it would possibly be quite inconvenient at those times.
@pahak627 (4244)
@JudyEv It's warm enough. The heat between 9am and 4pm is so hot that it can damage our skin already.
@RitzzView (2758)
Acceptance of who we are or very important! I am glad you guys did! :) It becomes the first step to move forward!
@pahak627 (4244)
I agree with you. During those times when I have not yet accepted my situation, it was really hard for me. But when I realized that I could not do anything about my illness, then I slowly accepted it. Now, I am happy and confident again.
@RitzzView (2758)
@pahak627 It must the best feeling!
@pahak627 (4244)
@RitzzView Yes you are right.
@hereandthere (33347)
so what did you and he do to cure your psoriasis?
@pahak627 (4244)
I am maintaining oral medication in which I take 2 pills every week with matching monitoring of my sgpt. So every 3 months, I have to undergo lab tests. That reminds me, I am due for lab tests already but I haven't gone to the lab yet. Maybe next week, I'll have the necessary tests done. I also apply Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on the affected areas of my skin. About him, he told me that he is applying a certain cream on his lesions but I forgot each name since I am not familiar with that cream.
@pahak627 i didn't know you need to take medicine for psoriasis and monitor sgpt levels regularly. i thought it was just treated topically. how do you make sure your sgpt level is okay? do you have to watch what you eat and drink and what you use on your skin like shampoo, soap, lotion, makeup?
@pahak627 (4244)
@hereandthere First of all, I was advised not to eat processed food. These are the only foods that my doctor told me not to eat. During the previous tests, my sgpt level is not high however it is still above the normal level. According to my doctor, I can still take the meds..
@MGjhaud (20861)
that's nice.. i hope you guys will enjoy.
@pahak627 (4244)
Yes, it's enjoyable having another person with the same condition as mine. It let me think that I am not alone with this condition. I even joined an online group for psoriasis patients and I enjoyed sharing my experiences and reading about theirs too. I have few online friends that I met in the group.
@MGjhaud (20861)
That's great. Sometimes it's helping when we talk to people who understands the condition/situation more.
@pahak627 (4244)
@MGjhaud Yes really great.
its always nice to have a fri end that has the same condition to share with I think
@pahak627 (4244)
Yes, Patsie, I am glad to have known him. But until now, we haven't known each other's names. Despite of that, we are both happy with our improvements.