The most interesting questions asked by people calling the Butterball turkey hotline part 1

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
On November 2 of each year until Thanksgiving, the Butterball company that makes frozen turkeys sets up a hotline where people can call with their questions about how to make a turkey, I don't believe it has to be a Butterball turkey. Here are some of the most interesting calls: There was a lady who called Butterball for something about cooking a turkey, and the hotline person wanted to know the state of the turkey, the Butterball person had the question of what degree of thawing out it is, but the caller misunderstood the question and said the state of the turkey was in Florida! There is a man who called and announced his turkey was too big, and he only wanted half of it. So, instead of calling and asking how not to have such a big bird he called with a question? Can you guess it? He called to say that he cut his turkey in half using a chainsaw, and wondered whether the grease that the turkey absorbed from the chainsaw would have any bad effects on the turkey or make it unsafe to eat. A lady called crying because at first, she was so proud of her thawed turkey that she managed to do all by herself. She then decided to rinse it. But, being an unseasoned cook cooking her first Thanksgiving dinner, she used dish detergent and had to call Butterball's hotline as she cried saying her turkey has a lot of soap bubbles that won't stop being formed. She wanted to know how to get rid of the soap bubbles. A poor misguided man called Butterball's hotline to impress them with his new found method of getting a turkey into a pan it didn't fit - yet because the bird was too big and the pan so small. So this man was so proud of himself that he had to call and brag how he did it. I guess so the Butterball operators can tell others to do the same thing as he discovered. What way did he use, you asked that was so great? He put a towel on the turkey and broke the bones by stomping on it. Yes, a little unusual, but at least, his turkey fit into his pan! A man from Alabama was looking in his father's freezer and found a frozen turkey from 1969 and he wanted to know the best way to cook a decades -old frozen turkey. The hotline people convinced him thankfully to buy a new turkey for that year's Thanksgiving dinner. A woman called saying she had no chest meat from the turkey and the Butterball staffer told her to turn the turkey over as she had it upside down. Sources cited Romano, Andrea. "14 Strange but True Stories from the Butterball Talk-line MashableN.P, 21/Nov, 2014 web.17 Nov, 2016 mashable.com/2014/11/21/butterball-hotline-stories/#_BfBEjh.ikqs Picture citation Pixabay
These are hilarious, my friend! Stomping on a turkey to make it fit in a pan could be valuable advice for some.
@corbin5 At least he got his turkey to fit the pan. I will have to tell my sister this one. I can imagine my sister doing this or my nephew who would love to do that. Or maybe I should not as I am going to be eating that turkey!
@Platespinner (19153)
I read all of these somewhere else recently.
@platespinner Thank you for alerting me I honestly forgot to put my citation on the post. I edited it and Put all sources from where I got them. I have a second part which is cited in MLA like this discussion is in MLA citation school.
Those are good. Lots of SMH's going on there.
@just4him I am sorry, but I don"t know what SMH means?
@Marty1 I learned that one here - Shaking My Head
@just4him Oh, that must be text talk or Facebook talk neither of which I do! I have the ability to text but don't do it. Was showing my uncle tonight the girl he has been following is not me! Just somebody with the same name! I only have my Goodreads account on it!
Oh those are funny. At least there is someone willing to answer!
@paigea I agree those workers on the hotlines must be saints!
@LoriAMoore (9821)
True stories are funnier than made-up ones. These are hilarious.
@loriamoore I do think true stories are funnier even though sometimes I wish these true stories were fairy tales!
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
people can be quite dense at times. lol
@bunnybon7 Yes, some people amaze me in the things they do lol! I thought the lady and her turkey missing in the snow was the funniest one. I knew not to do these things and I never once made a turkey in my life!
• Preston, England
they should get calls from turkeys panicking over the crazy people trying to kill and cook them
@arthurchappell Very good idea all those lunatics killing the poor birds. And this is from a person bitten by a turkey so hard it bled, but I still don't want to see them die!
• Preston, England
@Marty1 I like turkey though I prefer chicken - never been bitten by one though - sounds painful
@arthurchappell It was a little painful, But I have had a chihuahua that had worse bites all the time! Right on the nose once!
@acelawrites (10749)
Looks like they have so many weird problems about their turkeys.
@acelawrites yes, they have very many weird problems. I don't have to make a turkey as that is my sister's job this year, BUT I know enough to not do such things! Some of it is common sense.
I like the one where you turn the turkey over and there is the white meat. I bet they get a lot of strange questions on that hotline.
@jstory07 My favorite is the woman who lost the turkey outside in the snow! Not thinking too much!