Favorite American Muscle Car # 1

@Dena91 (3700)
Rolling in as my favorite American muscle car is the 1964 Ford Mustang. The first time I saw some at the car show my Dad was running I fell in love. I told him I wanted one when I was old enough to drive. Eventually he bought one that needed a lot of work. He traded his motorcycle for after he and I had a wreck on the motorcycle. He wanted to take a short cut through some woods instead of the road after a rain and hit a rock. He jumped off as the motorcycle went up in the air. It landed on me. He thought he had killed me. So about a week later he traded with someone. We worked on it for a few months. Then that is when he left to move into his apartment. My brother and I worked on it when we could however he eventually sold it. So I never got to have it. Trust me, if we had been able to finish it and if at all possible I would still own it today. The picture from google pictures is what ours looked like. Black convertible, candy red paint (well eventually it would be).
I was never a Mustang person. Other great muscle cars are Dodge Chargers and Mercury Cougar.
@egdcltd (5863)
I did wonder if the Mustang would be in the list. I used to own a 73 Mustang 501 convertible, but it broke (speed bumps broke its back and the engine went on the motorway).
My husband nearly melts down every time he sees a Mustang - and we do see a few over here. He just loves them.
My girlfriend in high school had a green one. Convertible was so much fun for us two high school girls. No seat belts required back then, and of course, the passenger just had to stand up in that car every now and then, just for fun.