Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 73 Proverbs 13:4 Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard desires, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat. A sluggard is lazy, a procrastinator, someone who wishes things were different, but does nothing to change. Do you know people like that? Are you like that? Or are you a go getter, someone who reaches for and obtains his or her desire because you are diligent in everything you do? We all desire change in our lives for the better. However, change won’t happen unless we do something about it. Just wishing it would happen will not make it so. We need to be diligent as Solomon showed. It is the only way we will achieve our goals. As you read the Bible, one thing stands out. From Genesis to Revelation you are told to DO. Only once does our Lord tell the disciples to stay in one place, and that was only until the Holy Spirit came on them in power. He then told them they were to GO into all the world. Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, said he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Jesus told his disciples that after the Holy Spirit came on them in power, they were to GO. That is our command as well. We are to GO and DO, we are not to sit and stay expecting things will get done without our doing anything. You need to be diligent in every area of your lives – your jobs, families, home, and for the work of the Kingdom of God. When you are, you will not have time to be lazy, you will be busy doing. Let’s pray: Father, give me a diligent spirit, working for your kingdom. Help me not to be lazy or a procrastinator in anything that I need to do, but give me a willingness to do what needs to be done. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 18 November 2016 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@carebear29 (28883)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Amen
I'm glad you were blessed by the study.
@carebear29 (28883)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@just4him Always
@Dena91 (4850)
What a different impact we would have on the world if we would actually go and do as God has commanded us to. Good study
Yes we would. Thank you. To God be the glory. I hope your day was blessed.
@franxav (5926)
Lord God, give me a willingness to do what needs to be done. Amen.
I agree with your prayer.