Waiting - It's All You Can Do Sometimes

I hate dramas that unfold on Facebook . I have this mom friend whom we just saw last month at her daughter and husband's joint birthday party. All seemed well . . . I told her our kids should get together for the holidays and she didn't really answer me. It was a strange reaction, but I didn't really think much about it as we really don't see much of each other anyway. So although I don't like, comment, or post on Facebook hardly at all anymore, I still do my daily lurking. Next thing I know, that mom friend posts "Goodbye Los Angeles" with a photo of her and the kids leaving . It left many people hanging (as I saw from the comments) - where were they going and what was she talking about??? I called to leave a message and texted her as well. Nothing. Following days there were more mysterious posts from her . . . that she dreamt about sadness . . . the universe will provide for them . . . she hoped she made the right decision. From the comments, people were still not knowing what was going on - and of course that included me. I couldn't get a hold of her, so all I could do is watch and wait to see her next posts on Facebook. This morning she posted a few photos of her kids - apparently they are in a new town, in new schools, with new friends. ??? I'm assuming they are at least safe. I guess I'll have to keep on waiting . . . maybe I'll never know what had transpired. I just hope they are okay. Have you ever waited on a situation as it was out of your hands and there was nothing you could do - except wait?
Hopefully, she will post more information. Yes, I had had to wait regarding the outcome of particular situations.
I know her to post stuff that have a back story to it - things are not always what they seem. So I am curious as to what's really going on with her - at the same time she obviously made some major decision and is only giving hints about it. I just hope she and the kids are truly ok.
@much2say Probably a lot more to that decision. May come out with more information eventually.
@Corbin5 I did find a new clue this morning . . . through her reply to a comment, I saw that they moved up north. It is closer to her mother, but I know she has a stressful relation with her, so I don't know why she'd even consider going up there. It's still a mystery.
yes but the person involved did noit ev em post on facebook s i I had bad feelingss like this friend unfriended me lol
Sometimes it's a blessing when certain people just unfriend . . . then you don't feel obligated to worry about them so much - the drama is just too much sometimes.
I do my daily browsing too! That is just SO weird of them to invite you to a party and keep you all hanging.. And you know she is totally ignoring you too! She can't be that busy not to respond to a text message!
I want to totally step away from Facebook, but I can't - so I'll just keep lurking . I know - it's weird. I think it's all a ploy to get attention, as always. I personally don't like bringing on that kind of attention to myself - but she has done stuff like this before (though not this drastically). She has always responded to my texts within the hour - so this is really weird.
@much2say I could never get into Facebook, But I hope your friend is okay, and you find out what ou want to find out!
@much2say Yeah Facebook is all about attention so I hardly post anything! let alone change my profile picture. Seems like she's doing okay.. was her husband in the photo??
i bet'cha were relieved to see those new snippets 'f news. i dunno why some folks feel the need fer such drama 'nline? there's lots'f situations 'round here where i jest sit'n wait whilst the others figure what the heck they're doin'. yepperz, i'm the family shroom. they keep me'n the dark'n feed me sh** :)
I was relieved to see some new snippets, but I still don't know much of anything. I now know she is in Northern CA with the kids - but I'm not certain about the husband. I assume he is still here. I got a group Tday message via the phone - but a lot of people got that. Oh my - well I hope they ain't feedin' ya too much sh** - I'd throw it right back ! But I know what you mean .
@much2say some folks jest don't think ya need to be bothered with schtuff 'n then wait 'til 'tis a heavy load'n then jest dump. i'm gettin' mighty tempted to start tossin' those cow patties back! big hugs!
That seems very strange. It may seem harsh but I can't work out why the woman would keep people in the dark like this. Does she just enjoy a bit of drama?
Why post such posts, right? I know she hates drama, but I don't know if she realizes she creates it herself too. I suppose she doesn't want to talk about it right now . . . but I hate these teaser kind of posts - and it leaves people worrying too.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
That does sound bizarre. To me it sounds like she likes the attention and drama. Was she married? Did she leave her husband and was moving (running) away from him?
@DaddyEvil (24712)
• Aurora, Missouri
That's where my thoughts went, as well. It sounds like the mom is hiding herself and her kids from her husband and is afraid he will check Fb to find out where she went.... it's stupid to do that, but a lot of people do it anyway!
@RichardMeister It's definitely for attention - and she says she hates drama but obviously she creates her own. She is married but I am still not certain if she took the kids and ran away from him. All I know is they are now in Northern CA (at least she and the kids are anyway). I snooped on her husband's page (I'm not connected to him, but know that I can - but I won't) and I don't see much there except that he seems to be posting family photos of what he "remembers". Maybe someday she will let me know what's going on, when she is ready - but for now I don't have many clues.
@DaddyEvil I found out from a comment that they went to Northern CA, but I'm still not clear if it's just her and the kids - but probably so. From the looks of his page (and I am not connected to him), it looks like he is still out here.
@roshni93 (50)
I stopped using Facebook sometime ago. I don't mind people posting anything on Facebook, it's their profile. But for me I think to keep company with your close friends and family, the best thing is to take your phone and make a call. But that's my perspective and others might not see it the same way.
I have been wanting to get off Facebook, but I can't sever the tie off completely. I am almost wanting to make a second account with only the closest and dearest so all the real news to keep in touch comes across without all this garbage from other folks. But you're right - a phone call and even a visit is a must better way to keep in touch!
@much2say The fact is that after getting off the facebook I don't think much about it anymore. Now it's been a while and I feel like I was never there. And I have so much time on my hand. But frankly, I started using Whatsapp more than before now!
@roshni93 I inched my way to not being seen so much on Facebook. Now I don't feel as bad for not posting - although I will occasionally. How do you like that Whatsapp?
Oh yes plenty of times, with most things actually. Lol. We think we're in control and we really aren't most of the time. We are about to move and things are haywire with it so all we can do is wait on the Lord.
I hope all goes well and smoothly with your move - keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! Yep, we can only control what's in our control - the rest we just hope and pray!
@much2say Thank you, I hope it goes the way we want it to but I do know God knows what He is doing. =)
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I'm sure whatever is going on is very emotional, and Facebook probably isn't really the place to get into all of it. She's just posting bits and pieces so that her acquaintances know that she has left the area... but it's not really worthwhile to go into all her dirty laundry in public there.
Yah, FB isn't the place to spill the beans, so to speak. But she sure is famous for it . . . only now that it's about her, she isn't saying much about it except to leave these vague posts. I guess I shouldn't be worried - it seems she is at least in a safe place and if she really wanted to tell me, she knows how to find me. It's just that I would have thought she would have told me before they all just left like that.
@much2say Unfortunately far too many people DO like to air their dirty laundry all over FB.. that's part of why I don't like to go on there much anymore, and I've narrowed down my friends list quite a bit too... actually it could do with a bit more narrowing down, but the smaller the list gets the more depressed I feel.. LOL!
@katsmeow1213 I kinda feel that way too. But instead of narrowing down my friend list, I just kinda don't show up anymore (or at least I make it appear that way by not posting, commenting, liking or anything). I still want to know what's up with everyone, but I don't want to know "everything" if you know what I mean . . . and I feel like having a bit of privacy these days too.
We do a lot of waiting on situations when it come to our adult children. I guess I could try lurking on Facebook. :D
Hey, sometimes in lurking you can find the very information that you need!! In this case, my snooping isn't helping very much .
@much2say I usually find a bunch of annoying stuff so I stay away. :)
@paigea Yah, that too!
@bunnybon7 (36431)
• Holiday, Florida
its a little like that with me right now. maybe your friend just had to leave her husband. and haven't had time to explain all to everyone. some don't like talking about it.
I'm sure she doesn't want to say it all on FB. I saw that she unfriended her husband - and I'm not sure but she did say in a post that she had a log of unfriending to do. Oh, and the latest thing she posted was this share that said something like "I got lost trying to please everyone . . . and now I am losing everyone because I am finding myself". Most likely she left her husband - but I don't know what happened that she did this all so abruptly.
@bunnybon7 (36431)
• Holiday, Florida
@much2say possibly she has thought it over a long time and just didn't say it to everyone. she may be hiding from him. i had to do that once to leave an abuser
Yes, but that was decades ago. It's never fun to be left in the dark.
Decades ago . . . well I hope you have not been waiting all this time!! I hate being left in the dark - especially when all one has to do is say "I am ok" to make people stop worrying at least.
Well, I never did hear from her again so I put it behind me @much2say sometimes people just don't want to keep in touch, it was also pre internet.
@shivamani10 (11233)
• Hyderabad, India
probably may come out with more information.
We shall see - it hasn't happened yet!
This mom friend seemed to deliberately keep you in suspense.I see no reason why she did so.
I don't know why she has to make such a mystery of this in public. But if this is what she wants then so be it. I have left my messages with her and she is not responding really - so I'm not going to keep bugging her about it.
I hope everything will work out for your friend and she will let everyone know that everything is good.
If only she would give word that she is indeed ok. It seems she is ok and has been able to visit some family on her side as she and the kids went up north - but I don't know the rest of the story. I don't know if she is really ok.
Were also waiting..For some tenant to pay so that we could pay and get our connection back.
Oh man, did the tenant finally pay? I hope so. When it's a money thing, it's a domino effect!!!
That sounds kind of weird. Hope sshe's ok.
Really I think she wants the attention though she would never admit to it. Obviously something happened, but I don't know what - and I'm not going to keep prying.
So she must of left her husband for some reason. I assume it was a very serious issue.
I am thinking that must be it too. I snooped around and saw his FB timeline, but there are no clues there.
@noni1959 (3154)
I hate when people post something leaving others hanging. I say it's for attention especially if they never answer the inquiries and yet have been back on posting more. I have my friends list down to about 70 and most are family and real life friends. There is one I'm thinking of deleting as she does this and she also has been posting some really negative things lately about others and their beliefs. Family or not, I want a clean fun page.
@Butchcass4 (6031)
Yes, I've had situations with my own children not communicating with me and leaving me to wonder what was going on. On Son posted on facebook I think or he called and told me I'm not certain which, but anyways he told me he was living in the woods in SC. Well, I live in PA so there was nothing I could do except pray for him and that is what I do for all four of my children. I have an older daughter thats 36 that I have no clue where she lives or whats going on in her life. She hates me as I gave her up for adoption when she was 6 months old and I was 17. I have asked her to forgive me and explained to her that I was a mess when she was born and I had no support from anyone. Anyways waiting to find out how my two older children are doing is a daily thing. I just put them in God's hands and let Him take care of them and take care of them He will. I have 4 children all together and 7 grandchildren whom I don't get to see much at all except for lately I have gotten to see one of my children and one of my grandchildren, which I am grateful to God for as I've had several people praying for me on this matter. Have a blessed Thanksgiving