Grand Central Winter book by Lee Stringer

Grand Central Winter by Lee Stringer
It has been a great couple of weeks for reading for me lately. I have finished quite a few good books. This one, Grand Central Winter: Stories from the Street by Lee Stringer was really good. Essentially it is a memoir about him living on the streets of New York for over a decade, trying to surmount this, trying to deal with a crack addiction, AND deal with starting his own newspaper about homeless issues. It was pretty impressive and he meets all types of people along the way. Definitely made me want to take action, do something Have you read a book like that at all? Have you read any good ones lately ?
Glad to hear you enjoyed the book and, no not really.
Yeah it was great! And sorry to hear that. This is a good one to check out!
@maezee I am too busy mylotting and watching tv to read.
@maezee That does sound like a good book, I will put it in my to read books. I am still reading Tricky Twenty Two by Janet Evanovich I plan to finish i today! Then I am not sure what I am going to read next but the one I am reading now is so funny!
Nice! How many are they up to now? Maybe I should pick that series back up!
@maezee They just released twenty-three on Tuesday the 15th of November but somehow I missed twenty-two, so I am reading that one from the library now and i had preordered the 23rd one last February on my Kindle, so I just got the book Tuesday but am not going to read number 23 until I finish 22! It is hilarious!
I haven't read something like that but I did recently finish one of the books by Kay Hooper and one about Meryl Streep, and now reading the Diana Chronicles as well as an oldie by Germaine Greer called The Female Eunuch
@simone10 (21692)
• Louisville, Kentucky
That does sound like a good book. I will have to see if I can find it. I haven't read anything good in a while. I normally try and read at bedtime but lately I have been so tired that I go straight to sleep.
@jobelbojel (6564)
Sounds like a good read. No I have not lately.
@Fishmomma (11524)
I need to put this on my to read list. Its just about time for a skiing trip and I read while my husband goes out and gets cold skiing. I haven't read anything lately to recommend.