Sturdy Susan.

@xFiacre (10489)
Ireland
It's a device to help frail, weak people to lower themselves onto the toilet, and all respectable gentlefolk should be equipped with one. It's kind of like a walking frame that the toilet user uses to shuffle over to the pot. They then reverse to the pot and when a button is pressed the frame lowers itself and the invalid descends too. Ingenious. Now we need a device that will lower and raise pyjamas bottoms to complete the exercise. PS I'm visiting in the elderly care ward of a hospital. I don't use one of these things myself. Yet.
@AutumnSnow (4624)
I often have trouble with things that are too low. My therapist said I should get one of things that goes over the toilet to make it higher but Im too stuborn. I threw a fit about having to use a walker full time as it was.
I´m glad that they aredoing those devises to help elderly people. Not all of them have caregivers and even if they have them, some want some privacy.
@pgntwo (21729)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Much more alliterative than the "Lazy Susan" variety found in a Chinese restaurant, too.
@xFiacre (10489)
@pgntwo Do they still have those? My mother had one in be 70s.
@pgntwo (21729)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@xFiacre The Mandarin Palace had them, that was before the establishment caught fire a couple of years ago, of course. I have not been there since its relatively recent Phoenix-like resurrection.
@xFiacre (10489)
@pgntwo Is that the one on the banks of the Foyle?
A handy device it is!!! A lot of money for the brilliant one who invents the pajama-bottom device.
@xFiacre (10489)
@corbin5 we also need to invent a device to reduce the volume of nurses voices.