Celebrating Thanksgiving Early

Photo courtesy of morguefile.com
Laguna Woods, California
We are celebrating Thanksgiving on Tuesday evening! One of our daughters and her husband will be arriving at our house on Sunday evening and will stay until Wednesday. Another one of our daughters, who lives locally, is planning to go on a trip with her kids over the four-day Thanksgiving holiday. As a result, we all decided to do our Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday evening, rather than Thursday. I have my turkey and all the fixin's ready to cook. I just have to do the actual cooking during the day on Tuesday. Because of the time I will be spending with my family between now and Wednesday, don't expect to see much of me on MyLot the next few days. I'll catch up next weekend, when my husband and I will be able to relax (the the rest of you will be busy ... LOL)
That's a good idea to celebrate when everyone can ge together. I hope you have a great time. I'm sure you will.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - I have set the table for tomorrow and made sure I have everything I will need for dinner tomorrow. It will be very easy, I think!
@DeborahDiane No matter how much forward planning and preparation you do, there is usually plenty left to do throughout the day.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - I agree. It seems as if there is plenty to do at the last minute.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Happy2BeMe - We are really looking forward to our Tuesday Thanksgiving!
@DeborahDiane It is always nice to get together with your family.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Happy2BeMe - I agree! I love spending time with family!
Happy Thanksgiving! This is our off year when my sons go to their inlaws and future inlaws. We all had dinner here on Saturday, the grandchildren slept over with their parents, and left early for my granddaughter's rehearsal for her off Broadway show. They'll spend Wednesday night here, before leaving for Thanksgiving and to say goodbye to us before Florida. We were invited to Thanksgiving at my younger son's fiancée's aunt's house. Friday is my Bootleg Thanksgiving where I have dinner with no Turkey for my family. Again, my granddaughter won't be here due to rehearsal, but our older son will come and spend the night with us. He'll take the train back to Manhattan, since his wife will have the car. You won't be seeing much of me either! Lol! Enjoy!!!!!
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - This is such a busy time of year. However, it is rewarding to have so much time with our loved ones!
@DeborahDiane Loved ones are what count the most in my book and yours, too!
We used to celebrate Christmas in advance with our family when we lived in France. We came to Italy the week before and went back on the day of Christmas, the quietest of all days of the year on the roads.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - We have traveled on Christmas Day before and you are right, it is the quietest day of the year on the roads. I believe was Lori said above ... Thanksgiving is any time our family gathers. The same can be said for Christmas.
@ms1864 (6966)
• Bangalore, India
Happy Early Thanksgiving!
• Laguna Woods, California
@ms1864 - Thank you! We are planning to enjoy the time with our family!
• New Delhi, India
Its the celebration that is important... Not the date.. I wish you enjoy it to the fullest.. Please do share how it turned out to be
• Laguna Woods, California
You are so right that it is the celebration that is important, not the date. We are looking forward to time with our family.
@LoriAMoore (4897)
Fantastic. Thanksgiving is any time family gathers
• Laguna Woods, California
@LoriAMoore - Yes, Thanksgiving is any time our family gathers. Well said!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. I'm celebrating next week.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.
@DeborahDiane Thank you. I'll be celebrating next week.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration!
@CoralLevang (16294)
Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations!
• Laguna Woods, California
@CoralLevang - We just finished eating a little while ago. Now I think I'm in a food coma! LOL
@CoralLevang (16294)
@DeborahDiane I still have two days to plan for the coma!
@PatZAnthony (11964)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Several we know do this because of scheduling. Why not?
• Laguna Woods, California
@PatZAnthony - We found that doing Thanksgiving on Tuesday worked better with our schedule and, you are right, why not?
• Eugene, Oregon
I will be missing for a day or two as well, Thanksgiving with my daughter in Portland.
i'm so glad that y'all're gonna be able to spend that time together - the actual date 'f such not important :) the youngest'n family 's 'pposed to be comin' here wednesday eve. sadly the eldest cannot make the trip from las vegas. but, we'll do a family conference o'er the phone, lol. big hugs 'n save travels to those who're gonna be'n the road.