So much hate over an election, and people who aren't as open minded as they think.

@sissy15 (5392)
I've been annoyed lately due to the election results. I don't like Trump, but I'm not going to cry like a baby because he won. I get being upset, and not wanting those to be the results, but those are the results, crying and looting does nothing to stop that fact. Hurting people who disagree with you also doesn't get you anywhere. Truth of the matter is I didn't want either one of them to win, but I knew one of them would, and ultimately voted for one of them. I figured either way were in trouble, so might as well pick someone who at least did a few things I wanted, because as an independent, it's rare that any candidate holds more than one or two of my beliefs. I believe in things on both sides. I refuse to claim either side either way, because both sides are so hateful. Democrats are actually saying Trump voters should die...really??? How is that better than what Trump is doing? Democrats like to claim they're open minded but they're not. The second things don't go their wait they're usually twice as hateful as most republicans. Republicans can be jerks, but most of them aren't out there bawling and crying about their feelings, and they don't usually get as violent. They may not always accept things easily, but they definitely act like the way it seems more and more democrats are. I mean apart from the KKK, they're just a horrible group. To say anyone who voted for Trump is a racist is wrong and it's stereotyping too. How could someone vote for someone like Trump knowing who he is, is actually a pretty simple answer, they didn't feel like they had a choice. Heck I'm fairly certain if Hillary had won we'd be looking at a nuclear war with Russia, and how can you fight racism and sexism if you're dead? I also would like to believe Trump isn't as bad as he comes off, we honestly won't know until he gets in office. He was a liberal at one time, so I'm hoping some of those values will come into play at least a little. I have been defending both Trump and Hillary despite that I don't care for either one, it's just that I think people need to be fair in their opinions. I am tired of the hatred. Hating people because they voted for someone so full of hate seems crazy to me, how does that somehow make them better than Trump? Republicans don't claim to be open minded, so at least I'm not surprised when they respond to things, but for democrats to claim to be open minded and be about free speech, but then smack down anyone who believes something different, seems insane to me. I actually AM open minded or at least try to be, I see both sides, and I get why both parties voted the way they did. It wasn't much of a choice this year, it should have been Bernie, and not Hillary and then maybe we wouldn't be here, but we are. Any other liberal or conservative probably would have made this easier. Letting Trump in doesn't mean hate won, continuing the hate makes hate win. Hating a group of people you don't understand means hate won, not taking time to see why people could think or feel the way they do creates that hate. You won't fully understand something if you don't stop to think why people feel and think the way they do. If you're so wrapped up in your own thoughts and feelings you'll never understand. Not everyone voted for Trump because they believe everything he represents, a good majority of people voted for him because they were scared, because they feared what Hillary would lead them into. Trump may be a racist misogynist pig, but at least you know what his agenda is, with Hillary you don't know. Sometimes knowing is less scary than not knowing. I think the point is you don't get to claim to be open minded and then be anything but open minded. You don't get to claim freedom of speech and then get angry when someone who disagrees with you speaks and try to ban their right to speak, freedom of speech only counts if it's with the majority. Politics isn't about right and wrong so much as it is about differing viewpoints. People are so focused on their hate they fail to see the bigger picture. We're so at each others throats that the government could do almost anything they wanted and we'd still blame it on each other. I think we have the wrong priorities. I think people also forget that Trump alone doesn't make decisions. A lot of the power is in the house and senate. Their focus really is on the wrong things. Of course these are my opinions, and at the end of the day they don't matter any more than anyone else's I just think we're all freaking out and hating over stupid things we have no control over. I think it's insane to think people who voted against you should die, it's those kind of remarks that make you just as bad if not worse than Trump in my opinion. Not everyone who voted for Trump likes Trump, not everyone who voted for Hillary likes Hillary. It's a matter of survival, and doing what you feel is right, not everyone has to agree. Fear is a big motivator, but crying and getting violent and wishing death on anyone that disagrees with you literally solves nothing. Anyone that can get violent isn't better than Trump, anyone that thinks anyone that voted for Trump needs to die isn't better than Trump. Hating people because you disagree doesn't make you better than Trump either. I hate politics for this reason, they make people hate each other, all because differences in opinion. If you want to be open minded actually try to be open minded, don't claim to be and then be anything but. I respect other peoples rights to disagree with me, and I'd never call them an idiot or even be hateful, but I expect the same.
Well said!
@sissy15 (5392)
Thank you!
So much is wrong, different and very unique about this election. I never liked Trump. Used to see him in the media being interviewed. He is such a egomaniac. I detest men like that. And now I hear things about the people he is putting in office and it is really scary. White supremacists are ranting about him coming into power. The riots are idiotic. I really am proud how professional people in the white house are being. Trying to put up with his ways.I was angry and upset after the election. It took me a couple of days to get over it. Still am feeling some anxiety over it but am hopeful and trying to be both patient and positive. I hope that something good comes from all of this.
@sissy15 .....Yes, people are really going to extremes. I think a lot of people just liked what he said about wanting to bring America back and 'drain the pond' and such. His ways are way different. I just hope he does some good and that we can get some one else in next time and not have to put with him for 8 years.
@sissy15 (5392)
@celticeagle I agree, let's hope we get someone better the next election, or that he surprises us and actually ends up being a decent president, of course I'm not counting on that. 4 years to go.
@sissy15 .....I am so nervous about it all at this time. Four long years to go.
@sabtraversa (13019)
You're right, it was about getting the lesser of two evils and both candidates have their qualities and faults. I could say Hillary voters wanted war with Russia, but I know it's obviously not accurate. Following politics is like watching a soccer match, you cheer for one team and you end up insulting people just because they don't support the same team as you do.
@sissy15 (5392)
@sabtraversa lol, some people can get aggressive here over sports, but most of the time it's in fun, there have been a few occasions where there was violence, but definitely not like with politics. I at least understand how it gets that way with politics a little more than I do with sports lol.
Yes you are right. Good post.
@sissy15 (5392)
Thank you!
@skysnap (17820)
Yes liberal people are acting worst than conservatives.
@sissy15 (5392)
They are, they usually do but it's worse than it's ever been.
@PatZAnthony (12572)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It seems to be one big mess no matter who gets in...Can't please everyone.
@sissy15 (5392)
Very true, you really can't. I just live with the results either way, and try not to fuss about who won, the only issue I have is all of the hate coming from all directions. I figure we're fortunate that we even get to vote.
• Calgary, Alberta
a 2 party system is never good. All candidates should be independent. I notice people moves on better if there is more than 2 candidates. US have independents but they dont have the fair chance because they were banned from the debates.