Chinese, Seafood or Traditional Turkey and fixings . . .

The Thanksgiving holiday is obviously about giving thanks for lots of stuff but for the most part it is a time the family, all of it, gets together and EATS, laughs, drinks and is usually helpful ! There are so many traditional menu items as many know of but sometimes there are so many other non-traditional things that appear on the Thanksgiving menu. For our small two-person get together meal we will have the traditional turkey, stuffing, sweet yams, cranberry and of course two vegetables either broccoli or green beans without those stupid onion pieces and mushroom soup ! So folks what is on your menu ? Have a very happy Thanksgiving !
We ususally have the turkey but sometimes we do chickent instead.
Oh that is nice, anything else with that entrée @marlina ?
What's wrong with French Fried Onion Rings and mushroom soup? I will have the standard Green Bean casserole with onion rings and mushroom soup. Sweet potato pie, Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, no cranberry sauce - I used to buy it every year and every year it went to waste as nobody likes it - and a no bake pumpkin pie. I'm sure there will be other goodies to enjoy, but that's pretty standard on my table.
The mushroom soup by CAMPBELLS has Monosodium glutamate in it and so do the French Fried Onion things by Durkee, two food manufacturing companies I wish would just close down OR start making food that is not tainted by anything . . . Your menu sounds delicious @just4him and do enjoy. We are having our dinner tonight since I am working tomorrow and Friday
@enlightenedpsych2 Mine is next Thursday since my youngest is working tomorrow.
@just4him well then enjoy it then . . .
@happyhaha (294)
• Fuzhou, China
For two person get together I think it is enough. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
oh there will be left overs for sure, thank you for visiting @happyhaha and do you celebrate Thanksgiving in China ?
• Fuzhou, China
@enlightenedpsych2 We do have the festival like Thanksgiving in China. But I like Thanksgiving. This festival let us to know how to thank everyone and everything. Thank is the most useful word in the world.
@happyhaha it is and I am thank ful myLot has brought you and I together as pen-pals so to speak-- Have a fabulous holiday
@mawdest (1510)
• Orillia, Ontario
At Canadian Thanksgiving (where I am), we usually have stuff like: Turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberries (though I don't usually go for this), cream corn casserole.. I think I may be forgetting a few things, but those are the main things really. Also, for dessert, usually 2 out of any of the following: pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate log cake, pecan pie. Pumpkin pie is always there every year, heh. Anyways, always a nice time of year! Enjoy Thanksgiving!
Thank you @mawdest (Dylan-- love your name btw ) and I am doing something very special with the cranberries . . . You enjoy the same
@mawdest (1510)
• Orillia, Ontario
@enlightenedpsych2 You are quite welcome Erica! I like your name too! Oh, what are you doing with the cranberries, or is that a secret? Haha. Thank you, but I do not celebrate American Thanksgiving as I am Canadian, but I appreciate that.
@mawdest a secret with the cranberries BUT I will write a post after the Holidays and maybe next year people can attempt my surprise ! Have a really great Holiday anyway
Turkey, which I do not eat due to being a vegetarian, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy not eaten by me since turkey stuff is in it, crescent rolls, cranberry sauce, a relish tray, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.
A very traditional but delicious kind of dinner, enjoy and happy Holiday to you and the family @Corbin5
@enlightenedpsych2 Wishing you a very happy holiday too, my friend!!
You are going to hve a feast in Thanksgiving! I hope you will enjoy the food and have a peaceful and happy holiday.
We loved it and my cranberry sauce from scratch was a huge success thank you @youless
@enlightenedpsych2 I am starving to hear that
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We don't do traditional anything- For Thanksgiving we usually have Chinese food.
Ah yummy, with or without MSG added ? and which is your favorite ? I am really stuck on Lo Mein with veggies without soy or MSG when it is served @PatZAnthony and thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your meal
@acelawrites (10931)
I just wonder why turkey had been a part of your Thanksgiving Day? We do not have it here.
It is something to do about the first Pilgrims who landed here on Plymouth Rock and the Native Americans, those wonderful people, shared what they had surrounding their environment . . . apparently Turkey was in abundance @acelawrites
Just turkey,mashed potatoes,corn on the cob, raw carrot,celery strips and black olives. We do not eat that much. We will have one of the three ies that I bought.
Sounds delicious @jstory07 and do enjoy the family get together amidst the yummy foods !
@enlightenedpasych2 Having my first real Thanksgiving there will be 8 of us. MY sister is making a turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and my aunt is bringing pumpkin pie, and my cousin wants to experiment and try baking with her kids so that she will be making an apple pie. My sister won't let me make anything, but I am loaning her a few extra placemats which we both have the sam kind for the holidays, but she doesn;t have enough for al eight of us! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!
I'd actually rather have the Chinese, just for something different.
Hubby's father used to try to cook different things for Thanksgiving - like one time he did a nesting thing where it was something like a cornish hen in a chicken in a turkey or something like that! And then he made the regular Tday fare until he could no longer cook - we miss that. My family is aiming for simpler meals these days - my sister is ordered an organic turkey this time. My mom and I will prepare the sides . . . she does the easy traditional - and I try to come up with different stuff (I'm adding brussel sprouts with balsamic red onions). My mom doesn't want to cook as much anymore, but she used to add Japanese fare into the fix - like those vegetable rolls, fish dishes, etc - but that was when extended family used to come. Happy early Thanksgiving to you!!!!!