Tooting my tooter

@sallypup (26316)
Moses Lake, Washington
Got to laugh about something on this dark, probably gray morning once day time gets here. Yup. Thirty pounds of chunk has vamooshed since last summer. Maybe more cause I was a coward at the beginning. I could not face how much weight the scale wanted to report to me. (We have a talking scale and it has a smart mouth on it. The punk.) Twenty more pounds to go and I will be at my humongous goal. And I have not suffered since I began this endeavor. I have for sure eaten. I am more creative at meal making for sure but nope on the going without food. Tooting my horn today!
@responsiveme (14477)
Thats good to know that you are reaching your goal.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
• Portland, Connecticut
Congratulations to you, you deserve to toot your horn, that is a great amount of weight to lose.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr Thanks. I'm almost ready to go look for slacks that are not just elastic waisted.
• Portland, Connecticut
@sallypup that is a big step, lol I love my leggings!!
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr My roommate just told me that the pants I wear are finally getting roomy enough to not look like leggings. I think it was a compliment.
You should toot your horn! Congrats, that's wonderful. Love 'pounds of chunk' phrase.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill Thanks. Even when I reach my huge and I mean gigantic goal I will still be twenty or more pounds larger than the average woman. And my daughter won't recognize me cause I will be skinny at that weight.
@sallypup When I lived in Hawaii for two years and wore muumuus all the time my weight sky rocketed to 220. a few years later I was down to 110...those days are long gone.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill 110 sounds like skin and bones to me.
@CRK109 (14420)
I'm SO jealous! And so happy for you! I've been trying and trying to lose weight and it seems the more I try, the more I want to eat. I don't know what to do anymore.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CRK109 We went drastic. We changed our lifestyle and I'm loving it though it makes eating in restaurants a challenge. But that also saves us money!! So now we eat vegan- I found that I am as addicted to fat as I am to sugar. I thought only sugar but no. Fat- love me some butter and cheese and you name it, I love it. Overeaters Anoymous is a worthy organization that gets a person steered in the right direction. Emotional, spiritual and physical. All of it tied up into a fat headed me. I encourage you to dig deep and examine your life to see if you can work it out, one second at a time if need be.
@CRK109 (14420)
@sallypup After quite a long time in therapy, I'm sure I've figured out why I eat the way I do. But that hasn't helped me any. When I was younger, I had much success with Weight Watchers but this last time around it's been a complete failure. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CRK109 I'm a survivor of support groups and glad to talk about it. They help tremendously.
I need to go another 20 myself, but yay for what we both have lost!!!
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Congrats to you. Your cholesterol is probably lower now.
@sallypup I haven't had it checked in awhile, but it's never been too bad
Your meal-creativity has served you well!!!! I want a talking scale too since it just may motivate.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 Sometimes I get weary of a punk voice telling me to get off him and also comparing me to Pavoritti!!
@valmnz (12596)
• New Zealand
You have done exceptionally well! Good on you, you have every reason to toot your own horn.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @valmnz. Sure good to hear from you.
Well done. I would hate to have talking scales. I would feel that everyone (but there's only Vince) in the house could hear it.
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv We make a joke out of the rude punk scale.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thirty pounds already? That is amazing!
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic We barely gained any weight when we visited the Corvallis area. We found vegetarian options in many restaurants. It felt like a place that would work with our health endeavors rather than beat against us. Fresh mint growing in a pot on the restaurant patio!! I smile at the memory.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Good for you! That's great!
@sallypup (26316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn Thanks. Sure feels good.
I don't think I could handle a talking scale. My weighing ceremony is rather secretive. I just try to change my eating habits a bit each year. Last annual medical exam I was pleasantly surprised to find I had lost 23 pounds over the past year. Pretty darned good for not even putting forth any effort at all.