I think us Americans needs to petition Mcdonald's to bring this to the US too!!

I just saw this last night whilst at work. The Mcdonald's UK are bringing a Terry's Chocolate Orange Mcflurry to their restaurants for the holiday season. I believe it's already started, or will soon. I'm envious, but also curious if perhaps they'll do the same for Canada possibly? I LOVE the chocolate oranges and was so happy when I found that I could get them in bar form online. Oh, and yeah they are bringing out different foods as well for the Holiday season, but the important part is the Chocolate Orange Mcflurry right?
That sweet-toothed staple of the festive season is being reinvented in fast food form
@LilyBeBack (2010)
I worked at McDonalds when I was 16 and I always used to put at least three shots of chocolate in mcflurries, we were only supposed to put one shot in but it was never enough and I felt sorry for customers! Ever since then, I've never been able to enjoy a mcflurry because I know it would be so nice with more chocolate in, the staff all seem to follow the rules, unlike me
I wonder if the customers started to fuss after you left, or when you weren't there, because surely they also though the mcflurries were much nicer with three shots of chocolate!
@ScribbledAdNauseum I never thought of that Or if they went to another McDonalds in my city, I bet they'd decide to only go to mine after that
@LilyBeBack I worked for a Wendy's fast food restaurant years and years ago. We had Frosty's, which were like the mcflurries but a bit thicker. I don't think we could really control the amount of chocolate in ours as I believe it all came from a plastic bag we loaded into the machine.
Wow that sounds really good.
Doesn't it? A facebook friend asked if they had them in Canada and it made me think it could be a possibility. I think you guys get a lot more of the British Imports than we do here in the US.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I checked on the Canadian site and it doesnt look like we have it here but I do see we have a turtle sundae with pecans for the holidays.
@Happy2BeMe Oh yum that sounds good. I haven't looked at the US site. I actually haven't had Mcflurry in YEARS and YEARS!
@hereandthere (28855)
i think i had a mcflurry back when it was new, but now when i feel like eating at mcdonald's i always order their coffee float.
I don't order any kind of frozen or cold confectionary from Mcdonald's anymore. It's been years since I've had a mcflurry, actually! That coffee float sounds delicious though!
@ScribbledAdNauseum it is. i take off the cover so i can stir it well first.
@hereandthere The machine they use to make it doesn't stir it well enough?
I enjoy those chocolate oranges too. We might get a surprise.
It's essentially a British Chocolate so I sort of doubt it, but perhaps we'll get something of equal yumminess for the US.
@ScribbledAdNauseum ......We have a chocolate orange made by Terry's that is rather tasty.
@celticeagle Yes, but it's made in the UK. I only see the chocolate orange around this time of year, unless I buy the bar form online from a British Expat food shop based out of PA.
@SCRIBBLEDADNAUSEUM i hope they bring it to the US for those who are wishing for it, I love chocolate and orange together but unfortunately, ever since I was a little girl I get very sick throwing up when I eat orange and chocolate together, Even a piece of something chocolate washed down with orange juice or soda like my grandma gave us babysitting us as youngsters!My sister used to do that, but she grew out of it and loved to buy chocolate cream orange candy at a local homemade candy store. I ate one and became sick a few years ago! I wish I could eat it as it is so yummy! But she tries not to eat it often because she became was diagnosed with diabetes some time ago.
You can eat oranges, or drink orange juice though? That's really odd and makes me think maybe it's something in the orange extract they use. We have orange flavored chocolates here in the US, I want to say it's either lindt or ghiradelli that makes them but well nothing beats the chocolate orange that you can "peel" apart. I hate you can't seem to eat the chocolate and orange in combination anymore though. I have to be careful with the chocolate I intake as well, mostly because there are several diabetics in my family and I don't want to risk it.
@ScribbledAdNauseum yes, I can eat both anything orange or chocolate but am unable to combine them. I have not had an orange in a long time though because they are one dollar Each so I stay away from them. Butif they were cheaper I would buy some. My grandma used to give me chocolate bars with orange soda to fatten me up because I was too skinny in her opinion and I was up all night that night sick! Every time she baby sitted!
@Marty1 Almost defeats the purpose of using those two to fatten you up. THough I don't think I could do orange soda and chocolate together either. They are way too filling in my opinion, especially the orange soda. I don't buy many oranges myself, as you said, they can be expensive.
That sounds interesting. I'm very curious how that would translate to a McFlurry.
I am sure that it would be really delicious. Have you ever had the Chocolate Orange before?
@yukimori (9042)
THEY COME IN BARS?! I need that in my life. And the McFlurry. Where do I sign the petition to get those over on this side of the pond?
haha, I haven't made it yet but it wouldn't surprise me if someone else already has. As for the bars... I buy them from this place, out of Pennsylvania.