I'm glad it's not me...

Rochester, New York
On Sunday during the morning meeting at work, my boss told my two coworkers on the markdown team that he wanted us to be on call for Black Friday. At that time two of us were not on the schedule and at this time I am not on the schedule to work. One of my coworkers gave a laugh and said that they can call her all they want, but she's not working on Black Friday if she isn't on the schedule. She said that if they did call then she wasn't going to be answering the phone. The funny thing is that this co worker IS on the schedule to work and as far as she's concerned she's not on it. I have a feeling that she didn't look at the schedule for this week on Tuesday last week. If she doesn't work it then she will loose her holiday pay. I'm so glad it's not me who will get into trouble over it, but seeing as how she is the bosses buddy I'm sure that he will fix it so that she gets her holiday pay.
That would really make me mad. Are you going to check into it or just let it go?
• Rochester, New York
I just let it go. If they wanted me to work then they would have called me.
@LisaSteinmetz .....But, it sounds like there is a lot more going on there. Ah, well. If you are happy.......!!
Hopefully she reminded herself to check the schedule before she left...
• Rochester, New York
I know for a fact that she didn't check it because we left at the same time. lol She'll most likely get a phone call about it.
@LisaSteinmetz lol that sucks for her
It will probably all work out for her. It always does for people like that it seems.
• Rochester, New York
Yep it really does.
Yes, hopefully she checked the schedule and, glad it's not me too lol.
• Rochester, New York
Most likely she will get a call from the boss telling her that she is on the schedule.
Well that seems unfair. We have a few people who work for our store that are the "bosses buddy" and it's annoying. I'm just glad I don't have to work with those people. I go in tonight, though I was originally off. They only had me down for one day this week and I said that wasn't going to cut it, I needed the money for my bills as well as for Christmas Shopping.
• Rochester, New York
It does, but unfortunately that's how it is at my work. Especially with this manager.
@shivamani10 (11168)
• Hyderabad, India
i think it is an all work out for her.