~Thanksgiving Is A Tough One~

Jacksonville, Florida
Thanksgiving is a tough day in our family. My husband's father died on Thanksgiving day 10 years ago. I won't ever forget that day. When my husband's sister in law called, my husband lost control over his emotions. It was a really hard day for me to see my husband like that. He was so devastated, naturally. I held him while he cried for hours. My husband still has a tough time on this day every year. So...we're doing what he wants to do today and staying home with our own family. We won't have turkey since we don't eat it but we will be grateful for our lives and our loved ones in it. Happy Thanksgiving my friends!
I'm sorry for his and your loss. My father in law passed unexpectedly one year the day before Valentines Day, and I used to see my husband struggle every year when he thought back to the year that he passed. So many words left unsaid, and so many regrets. I think that you've had a great week, you've made some wonderful artwork with your kids for Thanksgiving and being grateful and enjoying each other's company IS what this holiday is all about-not what, or how much, you eat. Enjoy!
@Juliaacv Thank you. We have had a wonderful day together. This is the first year my husband has enjoyed the day. It's been so nice! =)
@LovingMyBabies That is good, slowly but surely his grief will be replaced with the current love and joy that he experiences with you and the kids. And that will grow each year.
Sorry for his loss. Losing a parent is very devastating and not one that is easy to deal with. You miss them every single day and holidays are always the worst. Have a nice day with your children today!
@Happy2beme Thank you. Yeah he has a hard time every year on Thanksgiving. I just go with whatever he wants to do because I want him to be happy. Thank you! =)
@LovingMyBabies yes that is important.
My sister also on Thanksgiving day many years ago.Will not forget this.
@amadeo I'm sorry. =(
@skysnap (17129)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
@skysnap Happy Thanksgiving!
How awful for you and your husband.
@celticeagle Usually this is a tough day for my husband but today it's been really nice. =)
@LovingMyBabies .....That is fortunate.
Happy Thanksgiving and, yes it can be a hard time. I always miss my Grandma and, Grandpa, but I like to picture them having a great feast in the sky with God.
@trbrocks420 Yeah it's not easy when you have loved ones that passed away. That's a great way to put our minds and hearts at peace. =)
I hope you and your family have a very good Thanksgiving day.
@jstory07 Thank you, it's been a good day. =)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sorry to hear of your loss. The Holidays are tough for many of us, as we reflect on those who are no longer with us.
@Thehorse Yes it is a tough time when a loved one is lost. =(
@montero (4730)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families. Enjoy
I'm so sorry. Losing a beloved parent is difficult any time of year, but on a holiday makes it so much more devastating.
This must have been a terrible shock and yes, it would affect Thanksgiving for evermore I would think.