Thanks giving Lunch Wonderful

Garden Grove, California
We had a plateful of all the tradional foods for this hioliday including ham and turkey. Even cranberres and stuffing some of ,my 'favorites and dessert was pumpkin pie or 'pecan I wisely chose pumplin as its less sugar. Everything was so good and I ate my fill but I have learned I m,ystnotclean up my plate that old saying leads to jigh blooid' sugar for diabetics and by the way we are still diabetics even on holidays. so one of a very few Im going toi mhlot all by myself as Iliove in a retirement center theway meals are set up now UI could not invite my son for lunch, we h ave sack dinners this evel thjanks giving is always a bitter sweet day we lost our one and only litte 8 yr old daugter on that day in 1968 from pneumonia.Ialways feel a sad pang on this day. Happy Thanksgiving to yiou all. One oriiginal post and graphic by P H atley copyrighted 2016
@AutumnSnow (4629)
Sounds like we are really good meal we just finished ours too stuff for pie right now maybe later. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day and Happy Thanksgiving.
Yes it was all so good and ri ght now I feel suffed too. sack dinner thats not'my favorite thing but thats how these people do it lol
It is good that you have disciplined yourself about food. Sounds like quite a yummy meal. Happy Thanksgiving.
Haoot thanksgiving myfriend celtic eagle I learned once I was setintoi a diabetic coma that t he next time Imight not male iot so I decided I did'not want to kill myself over food of all tjims amd learned to not stuff myself lol
@Hatley .....So you've had some scary circumstances.
@celticeagle tes the first year I was jhere the care giver insisted that the plateof pancake and syrup was he onoy one so I ate it my blood sugar went to 525and they sent me to "ER I was uncoinscioiu in the ambulanceand they took all afteroon with ivs going to rehydrate ,me and lower mu blood sigar that eve te doctor told me that if I did that another time i might not be so oucklu so mow I ] am careful.
@crossbones27 (14335)
• Redlands, California
Glad you enjoyed the holiday lunch and sorry the day always brings back that pain. Some pain can never truely get healed.
right it is there to stat but I can re member what a sweet little girl she was how we called her our love big as she ooved everyone we did have her fforeight years fso full of love drs called her a special c hild well she' was ]special iuina complerely different way
• Redlands, California
@Hatley She may have only lived 8 years, but sounds like she made the world better in that short time and left her mark. More than many who live a whole lifetime can say.
@crossbones27 thats very true she showed us what real'unconditionmal love is and also fair play too all that in eight short years.
I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. Am so sorry it was this day you lost your precious daughter, Rose. I hope you are having a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving, even in a retirement home.
yes its a nice day and I make it a happy day by being happy no body but me c an realoly make me be happy happiness comes from within
@Hatley Yes it does.
@just4him some people never learn that
It is so true that diabetis does not take a holiday.
thaaaaaaaats si true we gave to be c areful I was noit careful enough'tgesterda abd my blood sugar was 160
@Hatley NOt easy to be careful when food tastes so good, but worth it if one doesn't want to get in trouble.
So sad. I know it has been may years but so sorry for the loss of your daughter. That must have been a very difficult time for all of you. Glad you hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving feast. It sounds wonderful.
It was a winderful lu nch and I ate as much as i wanted still feel' a bit stuffed ll lol.
@Hatley that's what Thanksgiving is all about. Being stuffed lol
@bunnybon7 (31501)
• Holiday, Florida
so sorry. that is something you never get over i imagine. i guess that people, helpers there have to go home for Thanksgiving with family.
yes the cooks need soime holiday taime with thgeir families m,ost have small children too they are younger than the old users kitchen staff and much'better cooks too
• Riga, Latvia
I asked you about your Thanksgiving dinner in a comment but found this so I have my answer. WOW Turkey and ham I would have eaten till I bust. So sorry to hear about your loss but you know through all of these years she has been with you I know that. I do know that painful memories never leave us. At times everything can be just fine and then suddenly one day it just hits you like a tidal wave. I have had moments like that. Virtual hugs and much love from my side of the world.
I kliove how I can reach across all tghe miles and talk to you I sure did eat all I could and everything was perfect too hugs back amdall my lovefrom CalifornaGraden Grove USA
I'm sorry, Hatley. But I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving today.
yes its tjhe to remember the g ood memories I had a great Thanksgiving day'today
Happy thanksgiving, dear Patsie!
Happy Thanksgiving marguicha just got my supper sack lunch and used the sitdown sear in y walker was ony i nline a few minutes
Sounds like you enjoyed your meal. =) I'm sorry you lost your daughter on this day. My husband lost his father 10 years ago today so thanksgiving is always hard on him.
yes as he will remember inspite of himself I am now eatig my sack supper lol
pumpkin is good for people, not so much in pie, but you are right that it's better than pecan. I cant handle pecan, way too sweet for me. and that's right, I remember you mentioning the when before. No words can make up for that kind of loss. My thoughts are with you
yes I try niot to dwell on the bad memories as I have lots of good o nes