Homemade make up remover

Rochester, New York
Now normally for me, wearing make up mostly consists of mascara, eyeliner and lip stick and very little else. I always use baby wipes to clean the make up off, they even work great with the mascara. I ran out of baby wipes a few days ago and needed something to take my make up off. I was talking to a pal who told me to make my own make up remover using water, baby oil and coconut or olive oil. I figured I'd give it a try and see how it works out. I washed out an empty jar and added 1 c water to 1 1/2 tbsp baby shampoo {I used lavender scented} and 1/8 tsp of coconut oil. I shook it all together and grabbed my cotton balls. I rather enjoy this remover, it works really well and I'm loving the light lavender/ coconut scent.
Also coconut oil only works. Rub the oil on your eyes, then remove with a cotton pad.
That sounds great especially with the scents and it will save you money on those baby wipes. Ever since I started working at home on the PC I just don't wear make-up. Only problem is that one of these days I have to figure out what to do with the make-up I haven't used up.
Sounds good and inexpensive too.
@ms1864 (6977)
• Bangalore, India
i use the oil method too...but i use just baby oil on a cotton pad. Works just fine.
• Preston, England
Sounds quite a good and economic way to remove the make-up
@xiaolisu (1538)
i usually smear some pear power on face.it can lighten the skin and don't need to remove
It actually looks very classy. I am always on the look for organic and handmade products
@LoriAMoore (4684)
It doesn't make you feel oily?
That is great that it worked. Will you being using it again. Or back to the baby wipes.