When you See Beggars...

By @n.J
I was walking along the sidewalk this afternoon on the way to the clinic. A young boy who seems like between 2-3 years old was sleeping on the street.He was not wearing any underwear and the flies hovered over him. His older brother ,who was six years old or so approached me and begged for money.I wanted to give the child some money but I had secon thoughts upon seeing their parents who were in deep sleep.How irresponsible these parents are! They are supppsed to be working and taking care of their kids. I did not give the kid a single centavo.If I had some food,I would but at that time I did not have any I do not know if what I did was right. How about you what do you do when you see beggars? Do you give them alms right away?
@louievill (16346)
Think what you did was right because you followed your own judgment on a particular situation. If you did not see the parents then you probably gave them something.
Perhaps. I have a soft spot for kids.
@louievill (16346)
@Iam_jauntyjen me too, I understand that but they might be being used by the same parents who are suppose to be the ones providing for them, so DSWD might be a better provider and take custody away from them.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
I would help them if I could.
You have a heart of gold
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@Iam_jauntyjen Thanks...
@skysnap (17580)
I usually donate if I have the money.
I guess it is better to donate in Charitable institutions
Unfortunately, sometimes the adults use their young kids,to get money from sympathetic passersby.
Yes. It is sad that there are lazy parents out there.
In our area, we do not have beggars, but in the city of Chicago, there are quite a few at times. My husband always offered them food since he worked in the city.
@Mike197602 (13518)
• Worcester, England
I would probably have bought the kids some food or something. I wouldn't give money.
• Rochester, New York
I would have gone and bought the kids food. The parents need to get a job and put a roof over their babies heads.
Indeed the parents need to roll.up their sleeves. I should have bought the kids food but I was in a hurry to go home.Next time I will do that.