After Thanksgiving Shopping Spree

Portland, Connecticut
I had an exhausting Black Friday. We got up rather late, had a bagel and then headed off to Sandwich Ma. to the Green Brian Nature Center. They sell the best homemade jam and relish. They also were selling crafts today. I bought a fresh pine door hanging and some great jam, the strawberry peach was to die for as was the lemon cranberry. Jack enjoyed seeing a snake at the nature center. We then headed toward Hyannis where we had lunch and hit TJ Maxx. Our next stop was the Marshalls in Mashpee. We grab a light supper at Panera at Mashpee Commons and then dropped off the men folk at the hotel and headed out to TJMaxx in East Falmouth. I pretty much finished my Christmas shopping and I feel really good about it. I need to get everything home and start wrapping!! I am going to soak in the tub and rest my aching body, it is a lot of work to do that much shopping lol. Tomorrow we are going to get into the Christmas Spirit and find some small towns with Christmas decorations up. There were carolers out at Mashpee Commons and certainly it was decorated for the holidays. It didn't feel like Black Friday, we tried to avoid the most crowded areas and just enjoy the season.
@sallypup (23251)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It sounds like you had a grand day.
• Portland, Connecticut
It was a full day for sure and I found some great things, I even found some gifts to give to people on our giving tree.
@sallypup (23251)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr While at Safeway today I saw a tin tea set that was priced reasonably. I wonder if kids like such cuties these days?
• Portland, Connecticut
@sallypup I think ones whose parents are smart enough to encourage imagination do!!
@simone10 (22247)
• Louisville, Kentucky
That is the perfect way to shop on Black Friday...avoid the crowded areas.
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes it can get really terrible especially in such a small place as the Cape
Sounds like you had a very successful day of shopping. Nice to get it done. I did some online shopping today. There were so many traffic accidents around here today. So many people rushing from place to place and just not paying attention.
• Portland, Connecticut
We did see a little traffic but not too bad and it was rainy most of the day, certainly not conducive for shopping lol
You had a really busy day today, nice that you got so much shopping done.
• Portland, Connecticut
It was just fun to be out with my daughter, even if we had the two men and two boys along. It was a fun day.
@MarymargII (8445)
• Toronto, Ontario
Wow you made me tired just reading this but it sounded like so much fun too! I love it when the stores are decorated and Christmas is on- I have made a good dent in my shopping so feel good about it too!
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes, I am just about done I just need to put it all into gift bags.
• Toronto, Ontario
@BelleStarr I know- that's the part I usually put off- the wrapping, tagging and figuring out stockings! I still give stockings to my kids and their sig. others and granddaughter and that takes a little time. Need Christmas moon music and chocolate for sure--lol!
• Portland, Connecticut
@MarymargII My daughter asked me to make her a stocking last year but normally I don't anymore, just too many kids , grandkids and now great grands.
Nothing better than shopping in beautiful New England towns!
• Portland, Connecticut
Today we went to Woods Hole and Falmouth, just lovely.
@BelleStarr I know it! Super place.
I stayed in, but admired you getting out and doing all your shopping! What fun to go out and look at decorations! I'm going to take my mom out in a few weeks to do that.
• Portland, Connecticut
I had to resist the temptation to buy too many decorations since I have so many already but today I bought two new Christmas hand towels for my bathrooms.
@BelleStarr That's not too bad. I bought a kitchen towel to hang on the oven handle. I am not in a hurry to decorate but decorate I must as I'm staying here this year.
@bellestarr Glad you had a great Black Friday! I never go shopping on Black Friday. I did all my shopping at the beginning of November and did most of it online though I did buy two red scarves with white snowflakes and found them a dollar cheaper at a home store after I bought them! We went to get something Christmas like for my parents grave, and they were on a sale special that day for $3.99 when I paid $5.99 at a Hallmark Store! Even did a little shopping for myself and bought myself a Christmas bell bracelet I also bought for the people getting the scarves!
• Portland, Connecticut
Sounds like you had some good shopping success!! I really spent more than I expected to I am happy with what I bought
@BelleStarr Glad, you are happy with your gifts. I am happy with what I bought too! I spent maybe too much, but that is okay I don't have to buy anything more, so I am okay! I did spend all the money in my account though so my sister put some money in for me. And I don't really have to buy anything as I have enough food to last me till next year as my sister keeps making me piles of food and bringing it to my house and putting it in my basement freezer! Do have the money for my copays which are extra because they are two specialists! Don't worry I see them all the time! I am not sick or anything!
It was a very slow day yesterday on myLot, I believe that most US users were out shopping for your Black Friday.
• Portland, Connecticut
We are all in a turkey stupor!! Lol
@BelleStarr This is what I suspected.
That sounds like a fun day of shopping. No crazy crowds
• Portland, Connecticut
No, we did our best to avoid them quite successfully!!
@bunnybon7 (33952)
• Holiday, Florida
that all sounds so wonderful. thanks for the great mind pictures. such fun and sounds like great jam. i miss going out buying such things
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh my that jam is just unbelievably good, so Fresh!!
@thelme55 (12470)
It's good that your Christmas gift shopping is done. I have not started, yet.
• Portland, Connecticut
I have so much going on in December I need it to be done early!!
I did not do my normal black friday thing which is just getting up early-ish (before 7) and going to Target. That's usually all i do. I beat the crowd. And just relax while I browse the store. They had NO good deals this year. So I just decided I would rather sleep late. I ended up going over there later in the day though anyway because there was something I needed. It was the least money they have ever gotten from me on Black Friday!
• Portland, Connecticut
I ended up spending a couple hundred but I got a lot for my money
Sounds like you have a really pleasant day. It's always good to get most of the Christmas gift shopping out of the way.
• Portland, Connecticut
yes I am glad that I was able to accomplish a lot this weekend.
@ms1864 (6948)
• Bangalore, India
you seem to have got your shopping done at the right time.
• Portland, Connecticut
I think we did very well .
I didn't venture out to shop, but I found some good online deals.
• Portland, Connecticut
My daughter was the one who wanted to shops I of course I went along lol
Glad to hear you had a good black Friday.
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes we did even if we didn't shop in the places with the big sales.
i don't blame ya, i'd been takin' me a soaker, too :) i do hope ya'll find those wee towns, i prefer 'em myself.
• Portland, Connecticut
They are decorated so prettily that it is a pleasure to just walk the streets.
I'm glad you got your shopping done! =) I hope your body feels better after you rest.
• Portland, Connecticut
It is exhausting to shop for hours but our weekend away is over and we are back home and chilling.
We went to Costco and looked around and did not see anything that we wanted.
• Portland, Connecticut
I saw lots of things I wanted and I bought quite a lot of it lol