Canceled Television

@Fishmomma (11503)
In the United States a lot of television shows get canceled every year. The industry says 50% will be canceled and some you know are in trouble after the first episode. All you have to do is end up on the wrong night or time and your in trouble, which is terrible to see happen when the show has promise and won't be given time to find an audience. This year we have the following on the canceled list: The Exorcist FOX, No Tomorrow CW, Notorious ABC, Conviction ABC, Pitch FOX, Pure Genius CBS and Frequency CW. The two CW Shows had the best spots in that networks line up in my opinion and dropped so much after The Flash and Arrow you knew their time was up. If I was going to have a new show I would want to air after The Flash and if you can't get a reasonable number of viewers I would cancel it myself. Did you watch any of these shows? I saw one episode of Pitch and stopped watching, as Rosewood has gone so far downhill that I decided to watch something on a different network this season.
None of those shows we watched. Then there are some shows that I think should be canceled but they air after really good shows.
@Fishmomma (11503)
I could make a long list; however, some shows really are saved by a show with high ratings in front of it. Others are saved by who owns the show see CW Renewals and more than a few people can't understand the renewal process on CW, which is one network I understand more than others. I look at who owns the show first, then ratings and can then understand when a low one goes through easily.
I hadn't watched any of those shows. I mostly enjoy sitcoms.
@Fishmomma (11503)
I do watch several sitcoms and its good to laugh, I'm watching the new sitcom The Good Place with Ted Danson. Have you seen it?
@Fishmomma Yes, I was watching that one and I enjoyed it. I lost track of when it is on though. I will have to look for it.
pure genius 'tis bein' cancelled? most interestin'. i fear i've ne'er heard 'f the others. i've no cable/satellite t.v. 'n rarely watch the few channels we do get.
@Fishmomma (11503)
I was sorry to see that one on the list and would have tried to catch up, if the ratings weren't so low. Many shows I now wait to see the ratings before turning it on.
I watched two episodes of Pitch, saw how bad the ratings were, and quit watching something that will be canceled. However, I love "No Tomorrow", and will follow it to the end of those 13 episodes. It's hard to get great ratings on the CW unless you're a super hero show. It helped the non superhero shows when Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend each won a Golden Globe, but there is no hope for No Tomorrow.
I have never watched any of the shows you mentioned. I have tried watching a few others that are new, but it is easy to see that those shows will probably be cancelled.
@Fishmomma (11503)
Yes, I can see a few shows that aren't likely to survive. Rosewood and Scream Queens would have to be on the list, as the second season ratings are a lot lower. FOX doesn't look at overnight ratings, so the only way either will be safe is how many people watch the show on any device. I would like to see all networks consider ratings over all the weeks of a show airing, as not everyone has time to watch when it airs. I use On Demand, Hulu and Netflix and don't watch a lot of shows when they air.
People have varied tastes and it is not always easy to tell which show will resonate with an audience.
@Fishmomma (11503)
I agree and feel for the networks, as its costly to air a show. People get upset when a show their watching gets canceled. I know shows have been canceled that I really miss over the years,