Mini Movie Review: "Wish Upon a Christmas" (2015)

Los Angeles, California
Saving the Christmas ornament factory is the premise of “Wish Upon a Christmas” which is a Hallmark type holiday movie televised on Lifetime Channel. Corporate headhunter Amelia sent in to trim the fat meaning lay off people. The movie opens with her pink slipping 52 employees in on afternoon. Amelia dislikes her job and performs to the best of her ability because of advancement promises. Her next assignment just before Christmas troubles her. Amelia is being sent to Carbon Hills where she once lived and may have to lay off people she knew. Donner’s makes handcrafted ornaments and is operated by Jesse whose grandfather founded the company. The factory is hurting from losing a major contract thus corporate dispatching Amelia. A story weakness is not explaining how this small town family business ended up in the hands of a conglomerate. Jesse is a widower with a young son who just happens to be Amelia’s former high school boyfriend. The kid is very annoying being too old behaving like a baby believing in Santa Claus. The familiar ensues. Rekindled romance. Amelia being conflicted over her orders. Old fashioned values. Is the bearded gent actually Santa in civvies? You know how it is going to end. “Wish Upon a Christmas” is bland formula. Rewritten from a deleted post from Persona Paper
I'll take your word for it and pass!
If it is on the Hallmark channel that is mostly all they play. I like it when they offer the Jesse Stone mysteries though.
I am really enjoying the Hallmark movies this year, for some strange reason. Perhaps just need more feel-good movies this season.
@Ronrybs (7084)
• London, England
I was thinking this one was familiar, but I thought being a Hallmark film explained it. The last line was the real clue
@BRiT89 (164)
I have never watched this movie or even heard of it. Usually I love the Hallmark and Lifetime type of Christmas movies. Some of the newer ones aren't any good though. I guess there are only so many movies to be written about Christmas before they become boring.